Subject: bug#74489: closed (Re: bug#74489: Guix said to email you this.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 10:48:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74489: Guix said to email you this.

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74489: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74489
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74489: Guix said to email you this.
From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Dewey <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 11:46:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

On Sat, 30 Nov 2024 at 03:15, Mark Dewey <[email-masked]> wrote:

>  I reinstalled Guix and did a pull before installing icecat (instead of
>  afterward), this time, and now it works fine.

Thanks to let us know.
So closing.  Since it's already reported elsewhere(I guess) and known.

Cheers,
simon

Subject: Guix said to email you this.
From: Mark Dewey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 02:32:24 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I got this error when doing `guix pull` (for the first time) after 
installing guix via apt-get on Xubutnu 22.04.4 LTS. The fonts on Icecat 
weren't rendering. I did a few other things, trying to get the fonts to 
work, to no avail (I think rebuild the font cache or something, and I 
installed a couple font-related things at ChatGPT's suggestion). Then I 
came to do a pull request with the intention to update Icecat afterward, 
to see if that would fix the fonts:

user@computer:~$ guix package -u icecat
guix package: warning: Consider running 'guix pull' followed by
'guix package -u' to get up-to-date packages and security updates.

user@computer:~$ guix pull
Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 9b1de85 (83,837 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git	9b1de85
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
  guile-gcrypt-0.3.0  149KiB           154KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
building /gnu/store/sflmgcfcdwizj7iyd3pfksdvrkc3pskb-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/7k17dvmcrdicjsdxmpvhss4p3i3d70j5-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/j9s3n7iqvh8pqkxkwy91nq3qynr1nby7-hash.scm.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/fpqr28gx482wl4cp2lrmk246zr49qh1p-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/lin54pqrb4f262d9zmcfnn784qxlzrfj-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/kvwhpfjisqfn8gij1by0aglc25s6s7z8-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/pvxcjp1lz2x63fvs2c844iblclriaa5i-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/h0wwv4xnrnm2r37mka5qfqr46v341q2a-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 
100.0%
  curl-8.6.0-doc  535KiB               832KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-static-5.1.16  685KiB           655KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  perl-text-wrapi18n-0.06  5KiB        2.6MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
  glibc-2.39  8.6MiB                   172KiB/s 00:51 
[##################] 100.0%
  perl-yaml-tiny-1.73  25KiB          14.9MiB/s 00:00 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-minimal-5.1.16  568KiB         1023KiB/s 00:01 
[##################] 100.0%
  gcc-11.4.0-lib  4.8MiB               387KiB/s 00:13 
[##################] 100.0%
  bash-minimal-5.1.16  554KiB          149KiB/s 00:04 
[##################] 100.0%
  coreutils-9.1  2.5MiB                305KiB/s 00:08 
[##################] 100.0%
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 19 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In unknown file:
           18 (apply-smob/0 #<thunk 7f10d48ed540>)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     724:2 17 (call-with-prompt _ _ #<procedure default-prompt-handle?>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     619:8 16 (_ #(#(#<directory (guile-user) 7f10d48f1c80>)))
In guix/ui.scm:
   2166:12 15 (run-guix-command _ . _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10 14 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1752:10 13 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
   1747:15 12 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f10d203e600 at ic?> ?)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
    765:15 11 (_)
     468:7 10 (process-substitution #<output: file 4> _ "/gnu/store/?" ?)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1752:10  9 (with-exception-handler _ _ #:unwind? _ # _)
In guix/scripts/substitute.scm:
     477:9  8 (_)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   1747:15  7 (with-exception-handler #<procedure 7f10d140bf00 at ic?> ?)
   1685:16  6 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  5 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  4 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1780:13  3 (_ #<&compound-exception components: (#<&error> #<&irri?>)
   1685:16  2 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1683:16  1 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)
   1685:16  0 (raise-exception _ #:continuable? _)

-Backtrace:
           15 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/3sszk0lgfc72vjfrvzajhhsldxq1lrij-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 14 (_ _)
     159:9 13 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 12 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2 11 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2210:24 10 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _ 
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
    2038:8  9 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    300:22  8 (_ _)
    1218:2  7 (_ _)
    1085:2  6 (_ _)
     926:4  5 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2095:12  4 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500>)
    1433:5  3 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7efeea96b500> #<procedure 7efeea53a9c0 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1449:15  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _ _)
    746:11  1 (process-stderr #<store-connection 256.99 7efeea96b500> _)
In ./guix/serialization.scm:
      79:6  0 (read-int #<input-output: file 10>)

./guix/serialization.scm:79:6: In procedure read-int:
ERROR:
   1. &nar-error:
       file: #f
       port: #<input-output: file 10>
\guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/3sszk0lgfc72vjfrvzajhhsldxq1lrij-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"9b1de856cf1870feda070d03eeb98f532c466238"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.