Subject: Re: bug#74488: Why not modernize Emacs

From: Eduardo Ochs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 01:07:57 -0300

On Tue, 26 Nov 2024 at 19:42, Raj Divecha <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> But the point is why not just make a user friendly interface? How
> can a new comer like VS Code come and grab the market and a powerful
> tool like Emacs can't?

Hi Raj,

Most people who write Emacs extensions do that in their spare time,
and for fun - and writing for a target audience of users who know the
basics of Lisp is much more fun that writing for users who don't know
Lisp, who don't like Lisp, and who want an editor that is like
VSCode...

  Cheers =(,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://anggtwu.net/eev-intros/find-elisp-intro.html

--
They tried to fool a Black population
By telling them Lisp-Lisp dead
And I knows Lisp no dead