Subject: [bug#74464] [PATCH] gnu: buildah: Update to 1.38.0.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2024 15:55:06 +0100

Hi,

thank you for merging my patches.  I just have a question regarding the
following:

Z572 <[email-masked]> writes:

> Tomas Volf <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> * gnu/packages/containers.scm (buildah): Update to 1.38.0.
>> <native-inputs>: Use go-1.22.
>
> [native-inputs]: Use go-1.22.

I tried following the `(standards)Indicating the Part Changed' manual,
since Guix claims to follow the Change log format but I did not manage
to find its own documentation for it.  According to the info manual, the
`[..]'  should be used for conditional changes (which this is not).  The
`<..>' should be used to indicate part changed (which this is).

Could you please point me to a documentation where I could read more on
what Guix's deviations from the GNU Change Logs format are so that I can
adhere to it next time?

Thank you and have a nice day,
Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.