Subject: bug#74461: [PATCH] Add go-work-ts-mode

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2024 12:17:45 +0200

> From: Gabriel Santos <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 07:15:26 -0300
> 
> I fixed the mistake you pointed out in build.sh
> 
> > It would be nice to have syntax highlighting and indentation tests for
> > this (ideally covering everything). If you're interested, take a look
> > at go-ts-mode-tests.el and the files it references for inspiration.
> 
> I wrote some simple tests for both go-mod-ts-mode and go-work-ts-mode.
> For syntax highlighting, I had them both use the same file
> (font-lock-package.go), since they have some compatible elements, and
> for indentation, I made a simple test for indenting multiple lines.
> 
> I also changed the face for operators (on go-work-ts-mode), as I
> incorrectly used font-lock-warning-face.
> 
> Also, please let me know your opinion on how I layed out the grammars in
> the commentary section. I think I'll go through the other tree-sitter
> modes and add the grammar to their commentary section too, so it's nice
> to get some feedback before making these changes.

The patch LGTM, but if you have a later version, please post that.

The only comment I have is that for the commit log message:

> * lisp/progmodes/go-ts-mode: Add go-work-ts-mode for working with
> workspace files.
> * lisp/progmodes/go-ts-mode: Add the repositories for the grammars to
> the commentary section.
> * lisp/progmodes/go-ts-mode (go-mod-ts-mode--in-directive-p): Be more
> specific on the directive location.

These should mention the file name only once, and they all should
mention the names of functions/variables where the changes were made.
For new functions, just list them and say "New functions."

Also, the lines in the log message are too long: they should
preferably be at most 64 columns, and never more than 70.

How is your copyright assignment paperwork going?  I don't think I saw
any responses from the FSF copyright clerk; if more than 2 weeks have
passed since you emailed the assignment form, please ping them and CC
me.

Thanks.