Subject: 23.2; weird customization behavior

From: David Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:44:29 -0500

This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

If I do `M-x customize-group tramp' (even after starting with -Q), I see:

  tramp-default-method-alist: Hide Value '(("\\`localhost\\'" "\\`root\\'" "su"))
     State: CHANGED outside Customize; operating on it here may be unreliable. (mismatch)

Several things are wrong here:

* I see the regular variable name instead of capitalized words space
  separated

* The structure of the variable doesn't seem to be known to customize
  -- I don't get a nice editor

* It *wasn't* changed, at least not by me, outside of Customize

I managed, once, in an emacs started without -Q, to get 

  `M-x customize-variable tramp-default-method-alist'

To show me the structure of the variable, but I can't reproduce this.
It still tells me falsely that it is "CHANGED outside Customize;
operating on it here may be unreliable."

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.29)
 of 2010-05-08 on black.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' '--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Custom

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-p M-p M-p M-p M-n <return> M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p 
M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p M-p C-g 
C-e M-x M-p <return> t r a m p - d e f <tab> m e <tab> 
<return> C-. C-. C-. C-. C-, C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-n M-x c u s t 
o m <tab> - v a r <tab> <return> <return> C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-x r e p o r t - e 
m <tab> b u <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Searching subfile emacs-7...
Searching subfile emacs-8...
Info-search: Search failed: "custom.*mismatch"
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item [3 times]
Quit [2 times]
Mark set
Creating customization items...
Creating customization items ...done
Resetting customization items...done
Creating customization setup...done

Load-path shadows:
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-mode
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-lists hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-lists
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-grab hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/bibl-mode/bibl-mode/bibl-grab
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-weather hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-weather
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-util hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-util
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ucs hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ucs
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-tabmenu hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-tabmenu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-symbol hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-symbol
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-session hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-session
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-search hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-search
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-rss hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-rss
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-proc hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-proc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-perldoc hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-perldoc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-namazu hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-namazu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-mail hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-mail
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-load hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-load
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-lnum hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-lnum
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-image hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-image
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-hist hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-hist
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-form hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-form
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-filter hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-filter
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-fb hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-fb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-favicon hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-favicon
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ems hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ems
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-dtree hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-dtree
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-cookie hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-cookie
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-ccl hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-ccl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-bug hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-bug
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-bookmark hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-bookmark
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/w3m-antenna hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/w3m-antenna
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/octet hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/octet
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/mime-w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/mime-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/lisp/mew-w3m hides /Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/w3m/w3m/lisp/mew-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sha1 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/sha1
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-pgp5 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-pgp5
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-pgp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-pgp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-parse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-parse
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-gpg hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-gpg
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/pgg-def hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/pgg-def
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/md4 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/md4
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hex-util hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/hex-util
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/format-spec hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/format-spec
/Users/dave/elisp/custom hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/remember/lisp/remember hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes/remember
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-xoxo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-wl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-wl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-w3m
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-vm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-vm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-timer
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-table
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-src
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-rmail
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-remember hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-remember
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-publish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-publish
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-protocol
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-plot
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mouse
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mobile
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mhe
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mew hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mew
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-macs
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-mac-message hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-list
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-latex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-latex
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-jsinfo hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-irc
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-install
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-info
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-indent
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-id
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-icalendar hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-html hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-html
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-habit
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-gnus
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-freemind hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-freemind
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-footnote
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-feed
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-faces
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-exp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-exp-blocks hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-docbook hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-docbook
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-datetree
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-crypt
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-compat
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-colview
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-clock
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-attach
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-ascii hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-ascii
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-archive
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/org-agenda
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/trampver
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-gw hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-gw
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-fish hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-fish
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/tramp/lisp/socks hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/socks
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/ntlm hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/ntlm
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/flim/lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/net/hmac-def
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/wanderlust/lisp/wl/rfc2368 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/mail/rfc2368
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/wanderlust/lisp/wl/utf7 hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/utf7
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/semi/lisp/semi/smime hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/gnus/smime
/Users/dave/.emacs.d/3rd-party/package.d/planner/contrib/timeclock hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/calendar/timeclock

Features:
(shadow emacsbug info vc-git find-func find-dired grep compile
zeroconf url-parse url-vars dbus cus-edit dabbrev vc-hg w3m-form
w3m-symbol w3m-cookie w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session thingatpt
w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems
w3m-ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util smtp sasl
sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain newcomment elmo-nntp elmo-sendlog
elmo-internal elmo-filter elmo-imap4 time-stamp elmo-net elmo-dop
elmo-cache elmo-map hl-line modb-standard wl-mime mime-edit pgg-parse
pccl pccl-20 ccl mailalias mime-setup mail-mime-setup semi-setup
mime-pgp pgg-def mime-play filename mime-image wl-demo wl-draft
eword-encode wl-template sendmail wl-news wl-address wl-thread
wl-folder wl-spam wl-action elmo-spam elsp-header elsp-generic
wl-gravatar gravatar gnus-picon gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime
gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1
sha1-el hex-util hashcash gnus-win bbdb signature org-wl filladapt
wl-summary ps-print ps-def lpr wl-refile wl-message elmo-mime
mmelmo-buffer mmelmo-imap mime-view calist semi-def mmimap mime-parse
mmbuffer mmgeneric wl-highlight elmo-multi mime-conf wl wl-e21 wl-util
elmo-flag elmo-localdir wl-vars wl-version elmo elmo-signal elmo-msgdb
modb modb-generic modb-entity mime elmo-util emu invisible inv-23 poem
poem-e20 poem-e20_3 utf7 eword-decode mel mime-def alist std11
mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom elmo-date
timezone path-util elmo-vars poe elmo-version pym static apel-ver
product luna apropos cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs mule-util cal-move parse-time tabify
org-capture org-mks multi-isearch my-xmlunicode quail epg epg-config
disp-table org-eval org-bookmark bookmark pp org-mac-message org-habit
org-agenda org-id org-crypt yasnippet derived edmacro kmacro help-mode
view assoc org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob
org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline
easy-mmode cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs dired-aux ansi-color dired
tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp
regexp-opt auth-source shell comint ring password-cache format-spec
tramp-compat trampver package reporter init cl cl-19 w3m-load
remember-autoloads planner-autoloads muse-autoloads
color-theme-autoloads bbdb-autoloads my-loaddefs advice advice-preload
ido maxframe osx-plist xml windmove ffap dwa-util initsplit paren
server gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util netrc time-date mail-utils
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit autorevert delsel cus-start cus-load
autoload help-fns org-install tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com