Subject: Re: bug#74437: 30.0.92; completion-preview-idle-delay is delayed by flyspell

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 09:55:03 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
>> Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2024 08:26:42 +0100
>> 
>> >> > The question is: what do users expect to happen in those cases?
>> >> 
>> >> I don't know
>> >
>> > Neither do I.  I didn't say something was wrong with either of these
>> > implementations, I'm just saying they should be well tested by users
>> > before we have enough basis to make the decisions whether the idea is
>> > generally good and whether it should probably become the default in
>> > some future version.
>> 
>> Sounds good.  So here's a full patch that keeps the current
>> implementation as the default:
>
> Thanks.  Please install on master, but please add a NEWS entry which
> calls out this change and invites feedback on using this new behavior.

Done, in 097b685aa1c.

Tomasz, setting this new option flyspell-delay-use-timer to non-nil
(after building Emacs from the master branch, or applying these changes
to your copy of flyspell.el) should hopefully resolve the extended delay
you've been seeing.

Eshel