Subject: Re: bug#74430: 30.0.92; pixel-scroll-precision-mode hiding Eshell prompt after some commands

From: Ashton Wiersdorf <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2024 13:09:00 -0700

> If you can't find a minimal example, a screenshot could also 
> help, so
> long as you wouldn't be leaking any private information.

Here's a screenshot of the bug in action:

> Also, are there any "unique" properties of the output that 
> causes this
> bug? For example, does it use "\r" carriage returns to overwrite 
> the
> last line, or does it use emojis, or anything like that? If 
> there's
> something different from the norm, that could help narrow things 
> down.

I've seen this most often after running Elixir scripts—that might 
just be availability bias because that's what I'm doing for work 
right now! There *is* some colored text in the output. AFAIK 
Elixir doesn't send "\r" to do anything tricky with the last line. 
I think I've seen this happen with other commands.

I've noticed that the easiest way to rid myself of this behavior 
is to just it Ctrl-l when it arises. That resets something and it 
will work again for a while.

Note: I just upgraded to 30.0.93, and I'll keep my eyes peeled to 
see if it resurfaces.

Thanks for your help, attention, and patience. Happy holidays!

-- 
Ashton Wiersdorf
https://lambdaland.org/