Subject: Re: bug#74423: Low level key events

From: Cecilio Pardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2024 11:16:11 +0100

On 22/12/2024 5:31, Stefan Monnier wrote:

> I'm not expert in the C level part of that code, so I provide
> feedback below only for the Lisp-facing part.

Thanks a lot for the review.  I'm working on it.

> Maybe instead of focusing on running a command, `llk-handle` and
> `llk-bind` should concentrate on generating "normal" events that are
> then looked up in the normal keymaps.
> 
> So the user would use them only to specify which events should be
> recognized and which should be ignored.  Then the user can use the
> standard keymaps to declare what to do in response to `double-xk-shift-l`.
> WDYT?

Yes, I think that's better.  I did it the other way to keep it as 
separate as possible from normal events, as some people thought this was 
a bad idea.

How can we make sure that only the user configures this, and external 
packages do not?