Subject: [bug#74419] [PATCH 0/5] MPI support for Slingshot via libcxi

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2024 15:56:03 +0100

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>

Hello,

This series provides packages adding support for HPE’s Slingshot
high-speed interconnect to Open MPI.  I have tested the whole stack
with ‘intel-mpi-benchmarks’ on a Tier-1 supercomputer with a
Slingshot NIC (Adastra, in France) and confirmed that we get the
expected peak bandwidth, around 25 GB/s.

Libcxi and related packages were fully published as free software
just today.  I’m really happy about that because it unlocks access
to major supercomputers using a free software stack, and using Guix!
Incidentally, Guix will be the very first distro shipping packages
off their free releases.  :-)

Many thanks to the people we talked to at HPE who helped make this
happen faster.

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (5):
  gnu: Add cassini-headers.
  gnu: Add cxi-driver.
  gnu: Add libcxi.
  gnu: libfabric: Enable libcxi support.
  gnu: openmpi: Disable static libraries.

 gnu/packages/linux.scm | 137 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 gnu/packages/mpi.scm   |   2 +
 2 files changed, 135 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

base-commit: 23cbbe6860782c5d4a0ba599ea1cda0642e91661
-- 
2.46.0