Subject: Re: bug#74415: 29.4; mouse-start-end does not respect syntax-table text properties

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2024 14:33:01 +0200

> From: Guillaume Brunerie <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2024 07:13:20 +0100
> Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> Den tors 28 nov. 2024 kl 17:02 skrev Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
> > Thanks.  Guillaume, does the patch below give good results?
> 
> Thank you, I haven’t managed to apply the patch locally yet but I
> think that would work (I’m on Emacs 29.4, but I guess I might need to
> get the development version of Emacs? The patch seems to fail on my
> mouse.el).
> But one thing I want to point out is that the two `(signal 'scan-error
> [...])` seem to be dead code now, as they test the exact opposite of
> what the previous test now does.

Sorry, I don't understand.  The changes I proposed didn't touch the
lines that signals errors.  Are you saying that those errors were dead
code before these changes as well?  If not, could you please elaborate
on the issues you see with the changes I proposed?

> So I guess it should be implemented a bit differently if you want to
> preserve the current behavior (have a signal 'scan-error' when double
> clicking on unbalanced parentheses in CC mode).