Subject: [bug#74411] [PATCH v2 1/5] gnu: Add (gnu packages dictd).

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2024 14:10:52 +0100

Hi,

Thanks for these patches!

Overall it LGTM, I only have minor comments and suggestions:

Runciter <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/packages/dictd.scm: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (GNU_SYSTEM_MODULES): Add it.
>
> Signed-off-by: Runciter <[email-masked]>

[...]

> +(define-public libmaa-1.3.2

Unless there’s a good reason (such as future patches adding specific
versions), I’d call it ‘libmaa’.

> +    (native-inputs (list libtool))

I suspect you don’t need Libtool here (it would be needed if you were
building from a checkout instead of from a tarball).

> +    (arguments
> +     (list
> +      #:make-flags #~'("CFLAGS=-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -Wall -Wno-error -g -O2 $(VERCFLAGS) -I. -I${srcdir}")

Could you add a comment (one or two lines) explaining why these flags
are needed?

> +  The memory management routines are especially helpful for improving
   ^
Extra space.  :-)