Subject: Re: bug#74404: [PATCH] Give Completion Preview bindings higher precedence

From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2024 15:02:56 +0100

close 74492 31.1
quit

Hi,

Sean Whitton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Sun 17 Nov 2024 at 12:16pm -05, Stefan Monnier via "Bug reports for
> GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" wrote:
>
>> BTW, maybe we should add some notion of minor mode precedence since such
>> problems are actually fairly common.  We could do something similar to
>> what we do with `add-hook`, so `add-minor-mode` takes care of obeying
>> the ordering constraints.
>
> We could also have a customisation option that allows the user to
> override the default priorities.  As minor modes are always interned
> symbols, this would be possible in a way that it isn't for hook
> priorities.

I've opened bug#74492 to discuss this broader topic of explicit minor
mode precedence.  For now, I've pushed my patch solving this particular
issue with Completion Preview mode to master (commit 30bcba27c8c).

With that, I'm closing this bug.

Thanks,

Eshel