Subject: Re: bug#74400: 31.0.50; tramp-loaddefs.elc suddenly owned by root

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 09:21:14 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Michael.

>> +If the directories, 'make install' copies the files to, are not writable
>> +with your own permissions, you might prefer calling 'sudo make install'.
>> +Note, that this command checks the completeness of all needed files; if
>
> Something's weird about your commas (or your comma key).  I would remove
> all but the third (after the word "permissions") - Eli may be able to
> help more.

Something's weird with my English in general. This is known :-(

>> +there are missing files they will be generated by internal invocations
>> +of 'make'.  In order to avoid files with root ownership in your
>> +installation directories, you should always call 'make; sudo make install'.
>
> Do you really mean "installation directories"?

Of course not.

> Thx,
> Michael.

Best regards, Michael.