Subject: Re: bug#74400: 31.0.50; tramp-loaddefs.elc suddenly owned by root

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 18:25:29 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Michael,

>> I'm not aware of this. There was only one contribution from my side to
>> this bug, with Message-ID <[email-masked]>.
>
> No, we had continued the discussion on Nov 19th, with
> "[email-masked]" in CC.  But it seems these messages have
> not been archived.  Do you have them?

Ah, yes. I've found another message from me (Message-ID
<[email-masked]>), where I said

| My example doesn't claim to be the recipe which happened to Michael. But
| it shows, that 'sudo make install' could create root-owned files in the
| build dir, and that's what this bug report is about.
|
| I don't know whether it is important enough to change something. But we
| should know (and document), that it could happen.

Strange, that it wasn't added to the bug's messages.

Anyway, I kep it on my todo. Perhaps I find something useful to write
next days.

> Michael.

Best regards, Michael.