Subject: bug#744: nroff-mode auto-fill-mode not on directives

From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:00:25 +0200 (CEST)

> > The real groff extension is that `\#' at the beginning of a line
> > completely removes it:
> 
> Ah yes, so I guess .\# ends up as another flavour of empty
> directive.

Yep.  No guessing necessary :-)

> >   .IP This is a long title \
> >   continued on the next line.
> 
> I guess you'd definitely want that for very long lines.  Might be a bit
> scary doing it all the time though :-).

Scary?  Why do you think so?

> makefile-mode has a backslashing fill-paragraph for long variables
> lines, maybe something similar could be worked in for a fill of a
> long directive line ...

If you can implement this, please do.  BTW, to check whether
nroff-mode properly supports groff, you might have a look at, say,
`an-old.tmac'.

    Werner