Subject: bug#70879: closed (Re: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 01:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74395: mumi send-email does not work reliably

which was filed against the mumi package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74395: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74395
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 01:55:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Maxim,

These changes should fix the indexing speed issue. We now only index
modified issues.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/commit/?id=1e4228d78ca82bf146f6eb318f6cfbc1558a1a0a
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/commit/?id=3df61afdd0c1a869f4328c17573797157c4583c8

These changes are not deployed to issues.guix.gnu.org yet, but I will do
so by next week. Please reopen this issue if the problem persists after
that.

Cheers!
Arun

Subject: mumi send-email does not work reliably
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 May 2024 18:15:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When sending multiple patches to a new issue using mumi send-email,
mumi's polling to find the new issue number often times out. This may be
because the mumi server is not indexing the new issue number fast enough
to respond to the mumi client on time.

If this is the case, the solution would be to speed up the mumi server's
indexing.