Subject: bug#74395: closed (Re: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 01:57:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74395: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number

which was filed against the mumi package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74395: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74395
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number
From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 01:55:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Maxim,

These changes should fix the indexing speed issue. We now only index
modified issues.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/commit/?id=1e4228d78ca82bf146f6eb318f6cfbc1558a1a0a
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/mumi.git/commit/?id=3df61afdd0c1a869f4328c17573797157c4583c8

These changes are not deployed to issues.guix.gnu.org yet, but I will do
so by next week. Please reopen this issue if the problem persists after
that.

Cheers!
Arun

Subject: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Cc: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 21:21:04 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I've been using 'mumi send-email', and one annoyance is that it doesn't
seem to reliably (or at all?) detect the created issue in the tracker,
even after the issue was synced to the MUMI database and visible through
the web interface.

For example, the issue https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74394 took about 3
minutes to be processed by GNU Debbugs and was available in the web
interface of Mumi, while the 'mumi send-email' client kept printing:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 14 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 13 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 12 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 11 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 10 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 9 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 8 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 7 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 6 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 5 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 4 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 3 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 2 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 1 retries remaining.
Server has not yet received our email. Will retry in 60 seconds. 0 retries remaining.
Mail not acknowledged by issue tracker. Giving up.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

It'd be nice to investigate and fix that.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim