Subject: bug#74395: 'mumi send-email' fails to detect created issue number

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2025 14:05:43 +0900

Hi Arun,

Arun Isaac <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I can come up with something, but do you have any suggestions off the
>> bat?
>
> My first instinct would be to look at the timestamps of changed log
> files and only reindex those. Maybe that could work. Do you wish to work
> on this, or do you prefer I did it? Let me know.

It sounds like a fun fix to come up with, but I'm already swamped trying
ot finish tens of unfinished things, so by all means, go ahead if you
have time/interest in fixing it!

Some thoughts I had:

Not sure if rsync produces some kind of lock file while they're busy
updating the tree; if they do it could be useful to avoid re-indexing
while it's actively syncing.

It would be even nicer to send some signal to mumi when rsync completes,
which would notify it to re-index.

Other things that may be useful: inotify to keep track of new/updated
files.

Happy hacking!

-- 
Maxim