Subject: Re: bug#74386: Tree-sitter javascript indentation

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 21:18:45 +0200

Hi!

On 17/11/2024 01:26, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
> When using js-ts-mode, after multiline function parameter lists, or
> multiline if clauses, Emacs typically adds two spaces indentation
> after where the previous line ends. But because that line is already
> indented, the effective indentation becomes four spaces (compare to
> where the function definition or if clause starts). I would like this
> to be only two. This is most likely a preference, but still.
> 
> I haven't been able to figure out if it is possible to customize Emacs
> to do what I want. Or even learn where I can dig in and figure out
> what I need to change to accomplish it. I've tried a reddit group and
> also posted an issue on the tree-sitter github repo. But was told the
> correct place to report it is as an Emacs bug.
> 
> So any pointers or suggestion?

It would help if you also give specific examples of code where incorrect 
indentation occurs. People can guess, but they might not guess all the 
cases you want.

Just paste the code inside email, assuming monospaced text.

(And to clarify how this mailing list works: please use "reply all", so 
that the bug# email address is retained in To:).