Subject: bug#74383: 29.4; Emacs PGTK crashes on Void Linux

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 14:04:00 +0200

> From: Taha Aziz Ben Ali <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 12:40:57 +0100
> 
> > All the same, the OP's problem is that the gdk-pixbuf library invoked by
> > the toolkit to load tool-bar images no longer enables XPM support by
> > default, because, in their words, it was "not being used."  Someone must
> > volunteer to enable loading tool-bar images with Emacs's image system
> > instead.
> 
> I should have probably mentioned that my early initialization file
> disables the toolbar along with other visual elements, so it's odd that
> these images would get created at all.
> 
> I assume they're created eagerly so it makes no difference whether or
> not the toolbar is disabled.

Maybe you should disable it in your ~/.emacs.d/gtkrc?  Or is that
~/.themes/THEME/gtk-3.0/gtk.css now?