Subject: Re: bug#74364: Bug?

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2024 14:11:15 +0100

Tatsu Takamaro <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This is indeed a bug but maybe saving the TUTORIAL buffer is not
>> supported.  Or we should remap `save-buffer' to save tutorial
>> progression here?

Please keep the bug tracker mail address in your replies.  As a rule of
thumb, you should always use « Reply to all » when interacting here.

> Well, for I'm new to Emacs, I can't say what is better. I'm glad you
> found the issue. Now it's up to you to decide what to do with it. I
> can just mention that in the Tutorial text there is a "task" for a
> reader to do C-x-s. An attentive and thorough learner, who does all
> the "homework", would do that C-x-s and in some time he would want to
> exit Emacs. Thus he would apparently face the bug. As I did.

Thanks.  I think I'll have to look into the tutorial to see how what is
instructed there lead to this behaviour.  Maybe it will give us a hint
of what should be done.

> Thank you for help and kindness! Emacs is great. The more I learn it
> the more I see it.
>
> P.S. Remapping keys is a too difficult topic to learn though, there
> are questions. I'll ask them a bit later.

Of course but I thought more about a remapping that should be done by
default in the tutorial.
-- 
Manuel Giraud