Subject: bug#74364: Bug?

From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2024 20:10:49 +0100

Tatsu Takamaro <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

Ok, now your recipe is more precise and I can reproduce it.

> 3. Put some changes into the Tutorial. Say, just add a new line.
>
> 4. Press C-x-s to save. Emacs asks me to write a filename, I write
> TUTORIAL, because the full path is alredy shown. Then Emacs asks me
> whether I want to overwrite the file. I anser Yes (type y).

After this 'C-x C-s', you have saved the content of the (modified)
TUTORIAL into a file named "TUTORIAL" somewhere on your hard drive.
Now, in this buffer, `tutorial--lang' is set to nil (which cause the
error you saw) and Emacs still wants to save your progression in the
tutorial and that's why it asks the question when you tried to quit.

This is indeed a bug but maybe saving the TUTORIAL buffer is not
supported.  Or we should remap `save-buffer' to save tutorial
progression here?
-- 
Manuel Giraud