Subject: [bug#74344] [PATCH v3 7/7] gnu: Add jamesdsp.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 20:04:37 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2025 at 07:50:51PM +0530, Sughosha via Guix-patches via wrote:
> * gnu/packages/audio.scm (jamesdsp): New variable.

> +       (modules '((guix build utils)))
> +       (snippet
> +        ;; Unbundle 3rd party libraries.

Okay

> +           #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
> +               (replace 'configure

Add a code comment explaining why this phase is replaced.

> +    (license (list license:gpl3+
> +                   license:gpl2      ;LiquidEqualizerWidget's 3rd party library
> +                   license:gpl2+     ;GraphicEQWidget
> +                   license:expat)))) ;QAnimatedSlider and QCodeEditor

The overall package is distributed by us as GPL3+, despite some
subcomponents bearing different licenses, so this field should only
include gpl3+. It's okay to keep the info about the other licenses in a
code comment.