Subject: [bug#74344] [PATCH v3 6/7] gnu: Add qt-widget-animation-framework.

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2025 20:00:13 -0500

On Tue, Feb 11, 2025 at 07:50:50PM +0530, Sughosha via Guix-patches via wrote:
> * gnu/packages/qt.scm (qt-widget-animation-framework): New variable.

> +         (modules '((guix build utils)))
> +         (snippet
> +          ;; This project does not have any build rule but its demo has one. So
> +          ;; make use of it.

Good idea, but please move it into a build phase, maybe after the
'unpack' phase. We try to reserve origin snippets for grave bugs and
licensing problems.

> +             #~(modify-phases %standard-phases
> +                 (replace 'configure
> +                   (lambda _
> +                     (chdir "src")
> +                     (invoke "qmake")))
> +                 (replace 'install

Again, add some code comments explaining why we have to replace these
phases.

> +      (license license:lgpl3))))

I think this is lgpl3+. I checked a few of the source files, and their
license headers say "[...] either version 3 of the License, or any later
version."

Also, please arrange for the build to install the LICENSE file into the
built output. This usually happens automatically in Guix, but here the
'install-license-files' phase couldn't find the license because we
changed directory earlier in the build process.

Here's an example:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/racket.scm?id=1afbf48b250f667ce45de40a6c275e3e42ade67c#n369