Subject: [bug#74329] [PATCH 05/10] gnu: Fix whitespace issues in Linux package descriptions.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 22:22:28 +0100

This mainly addresses `double-space after sentence end period' and `trailing
white space' issues.

* gnu/packages/linux.scm (tuxedo-keyboard, libevdi, dwarves, f2fs-fsck/static,
perftest): Fix description.

Change-Id: I2bd153bbfbf31774e427c7209d91142ad4d94c25
---
 gnu/packages/linux.scm | 19 ++++++++++---------
 1 file changed, 10 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index f5c7ab19c8..214dafafbd 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -1616,9 +1616,10 @@ (define-public tuxedo-keyboard
      "This package provides the @code{tuxedo_keyboard}, @code{tuxedo_io},
 @code{clevo_wmi} @acronym{WMI, Windows Management Engine} and the
 @code{clevo_acpi} @acronym{ACPI, Advanced Configuration and Power Interface}
-kernel modules to control the keyboard on most Tuxedo computers. Only white
-backlight only models are currently not supported. The @code{tuxedo_io} module
-is also needed for the @code{tuxedo-control-center} (short tcc) package.")
+kernel modules to control the keyboard on most Tuxedo computers.  Only white
+backlight only models are currently not supported.  The @code{tuxedo_io}
+module is also needed for the @code{tuxedo-control-center} (short tcc)
+package.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public evdi
@@ -1682,7 +1683,7 @@ (define-public libevdi
     (description
      "Libevdi is a library that gives applications easy access to
 @acronym{EVDI, Extensible Virtual Display Interface} devices provided by the
-@code{evdi} driver package.  ")
+@code{evdi} driver package.")
     (license license:lgpl2.1)))
 
 (define-public ec
@@ -2502,7 +2503,7 @@ (define-public dwarves
 it can be used to further format a number of records.
 
 Finally, the @command{btfdiff} command can be used to compare the output of
-pahole from BTF and DWARF, to make sure they produce the same results. ")
+pahole from BTF and DWARF, to make sure they produce the same results.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public fbset
@@ -6642,7 +6643,7 @@ (define-public f2fs-fsck/static
     (home-page (package-home-page f2fs-tools/static))
     (synopsis "Statically-linked fsck.f2fs command from f2fs-tools")
     (description "This package provides statically-linked fsck.f2fs command taken
-from the f2fs-tools package. It is meant to be used in initrds.")
+from the f2fs-tools package.  It is meant to be used in initrds.")
     (license (package-license f2fs-tools/static))))
 
 (define-public freefall
@@ -7105,9 +7106,9 @@ (define-public perftest
      (list autoconf automake libtool))
     (inputs (list pciutils rdma-core))
     (synopsis "Open Fabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED) Performance Tests")
-    (description "This is a collection of tests written over uverbs intended for
-use as a performance micro-benchmark. The tests may be used for hardware or
-software tuning as well as for functional testing.
+    (description "This is a collection of tests written over uverbs intended
+for use as a performance micro-benchmark.  The tests may be used for hardware
+or software tuning as well as for functional testing.
 
 The collection contains a set of bandwidth and latency benchmark such as:
 @enumerate
-- 
2.46.0