Subject: [PATCH 01/10] gnu: Fix whitespace issues in various descriptions.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 22:29:00 +0100

This mainly addresses `double-space after sentence end period' and `trailing
white space' issues.

* gnu/packages/audio.scm (ecasound): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/axoloti.scm (ksoloti-runtime, ksoloti-patcher): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm (trf, ghc-int-interval-map): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/chez.scm (chez-scheme, chez-scheme-bootstrap-bootfiles): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/code.scm (cscope): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/compression.scm (c-blosc): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/connman.scm (connman): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/crypto.scm (libxcrypt): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/display-managers.scm (abstractdark-sddm-theme): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/docker.scm (docker-registry): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm (xdg-user-dirs): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/game-development.scm (deutex, grfcodec): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/games.scm (chroma): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/geo.scm (xygrib): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/gnunet.scm (gnunet-scheme): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/ipfs.scm (go-github-com-ipfs-go-block-format): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/kodi.scm (fstrcmp): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm (vosk-api): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/messaging.scm (biboumi): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/music.scm (sooperlooper, samplebrain): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/perl.scm (perl-file-readbackwards): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/rocm.scm (rocm-bandwidth-test): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/scanner.scm (sane-airscan): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/security-token.scm (pkcs11-helper): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/shellutils.scm (shell-functools): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/textutils.scm (catdoc): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/tor.scm (tor): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm (xftwidth, xwallpaper): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/xfce.scm (xfce4-volumed-pulse): Fix description.

Change-Id: I911836d66eb780c0fa279e3aebf9d7fbd53bf00a
---
 gnu/packages/audio.scm            |  8 ++++----
 gnu/packages/axoloti.scm          | 12 ++++++------
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm   |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/chez.scm             | 14 +++++++-------
 gnu/packages/code.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/compression.scm      |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/connman.scm          |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/crypto.scm           |  9 ++++-----
 gnu/packages/display-managers.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/docker.scm           |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm      |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/game-development.scm |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/games.scm            |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm              |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/gnunet.scm           | 10 +++++-----
 gnu/packages/ipfs.scm             |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/kodi.scm             |  7 ++++---
 gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 gnu/packages/messaging.scm        |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm            | 11 +++++------
 gnu/packages/perl.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/rocm.scm             |  6 +++---
 gnu/packages/scanner.scm          |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/security-token.scm   |  6 +++---
 gnu/packages/shellutils.scm       |  4 ++--
 gnu/packages/textutils.scm        |  3 ++-
 gnu/packages/tor.scm              |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm          |  8 ++++----
 gnu/packages/xfce.scm             |  4 ++--
 29 files changed, 83 insertions(+), 83 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/audio.scm b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
index c8e22643ee..e9b80bdd9d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/audio.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
@@ -5848,12 +5848,12 @@ (define-public ecasound
     (home-page "https://nosignal.fi/ecasound/index.php")
     (synopsis "Multitrack audio processing")
     (description "Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio
-processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and
+processing.  It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and
 format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing,
-recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs,
-outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in
+recording and signal recycling.  Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs,
+outputs and effect algorithms.  Effects and audio objects can be combined in
 various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like
-oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included
+oscillators and MIDI-CCs.  A versatile console mode user-interface is included
 in the package.")
     ;; As an exception to the above, the C, C++ and python implementations
     ;; of the Ecasound Control Interface (ECI) are licensed under the LGPL
diff --git a/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm b/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
index 27e80082f0..591bd72f9b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
@@ -758,9 +758,9 @@ (define-public ksoloti-runtime
     (home-page "https://ksoloti.github.io/")
     (synopsis "Audio development environment for the Ksoloti board")
     (description
-     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital
-audio. It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone
-box, sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
+     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital audio.
+It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone box,
+sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
 sampler, MIDI generator/processor, CV or trigger generator, anything in
 between, and more.
 
@@ -918,9 +918,9 @@ (define-public ksoloti-patcher
      (list ant zip                      ;for repacking the jar
            unzip))
     (description
-     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital
-audio. It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone
-box, sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
+     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital audio.
+It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone box,
+sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
 sampler, MIDI generator/processor, CV or trigger generator, anything in
 between, and more.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm b/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
index 45da76609b..c00ef54fe9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
@@ -6471,7 +6471,7 @@ (define-public trf
 locate and display tandem repeats in DNA sequences.  In order to use the
 program, the user submits a sequence in FASTA format.  The output consists of
 two files: a repeat table file and an alignment file.  Submitted sequences may
-be of arbitrary length. Repeats with pattern size in the range from 1 to 2000
+be of arbitrary length.  Repeats with pattern size in the range from 1 to 2000
 bases are detected.")
     (license license:agpl3+)))
 
@@ -20059,7 +20059,7 @@ (define-public ghc-int-interval-map
 memory (each interval is represented by about 3 words + whatever the
 cargo is) and has semantics that are appropriate for genomic intervals
 (namely, intervals can overlap and queries will return all matches
-together). It also designed to be used in two phases: a construction
+together).  It also designed to be used in two phases: a construction
 phase + query phase).")
       (license license:expat))))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/chez.scm b/gnu/packages/chez.scm
index 1a0668b9f8..9e022ef2d4 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/chez.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/chez.scm
@@ -679,15 +679,15 @@ (define-public chez-scheme-bootstrap-bootfiles
     (home-page "https://cisco.github.io/ChezScheme/")
     (synopsis "Bootstrapped Chez Scheme boot files")
     (description
-     "Chez Scheme is a self-hosting compiler: building it requires
-``boot files'' containing the Scheme-implemented portions compiled for the
-current platform.  (Chez can then cross-compile bootfiles for all other
-supported platforms.)
+     "Chez Scheme is a self-hosting compiler: building it requires ``boot
+files'' containing the Scheme-implemented portions compiled for the current
+platform.  (Chez can then cross-compile bootfiles for all other supported
+platforms.)
 
 This package provides boot files for the released version of Chez Scheme
-bootstrapped by @code{chez-scheme-for-racket}. Chez Scheme 9.5.4 or any later
-version can be used for bootstrapping. Guix ultimately uses the Racket package
-@code{cs-bootstrap} to bootstrap its initial version of Chez Scheme.")
+bootstrapped by @code{chez-scheme-for-racket}.  Chez Scheme 9.5.4 or any later
+version can be used for bootstrapping.  Guix ultimately uses the Racket
+package @code{cs-bootstrap} to bootstrap its initial version of Chez Scheme.")
     (license asl2.0)))
 
 ;;
diff --git a/gnu/packages/code.scm b/gnu/packages/code.scm
index 65afd30316..28d54d0478 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/code.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/code.scm
@@ -1048,7 +1048,7 @@ (define-public cscope
     (home-page "https://cscope.sourceforge.net")
     (synopsis "Tool for browsing source code")
     (description
-     "Cscope is a text screen based source browsing tool. Although it is
+     "Cscope is a text screen based source browsing tool.  Although it is
 primarily designed to search C code (including lex and yacc files), it can
 also be used for C++ code.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/compression.scm b/gnu/packages/compression.scm
index dec25452a3..cdb029b225 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/compression.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/compression.scm
@@ -2794,8 +2794,8 @@ (define-public c-blosc
     (home-page "https://www.blosc.org/")
     (synopsis "Blocking, shuffling and lossless compression library")
     (description
-     "Blosc is a high performance compressor optimized for binary data. It has
-been designed to transmit data to the processor cache faster than the
+     "Blosc is a high performance compressor optimized for binary data.  It
+has been designed to transmit data to the processor cache faster than the
 traditional, non-compressed, direct memory fetch approach via a
 @code{memcpy()} system call.  Blosc is meant not only to reduce the size of
 large datasets on-disk or in-memory, but also to accelerate memory-bound
diff --git a/gnu/packages/connman.scm b/gnu/packages/connman.scm
index a13b6d199e..bc6328926a 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/connman.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/connman.scm
@@ -107,7 +107,7 @@ (define-public connman
     (synopsis "Connection management daemon")
     (description "Connman provides a daemon for managing Internet connections.
 The Connection Manager is designed to be slim and to use as few resources as
-possible. It is fully modular system that can be extended through plug-ins.
+possible.  It is fully modular system that can be extended through plug-ins.
 The plug-in approach allows for easy adaption and modification for various use
 cases.  Connman implements DNS resolving and caching, DHCP clients for both
 IPv4 and IPv6, link-local IPv4 address handling and tethering (IP connection
diff --git a/gnu/packages/crypto.scm b/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
index cca6c866b0..148f0eea83 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
@@ -1680,11 +1680,10 @@ (define-public libxcrypt
     (synopsis
      "Extended crypt library for descrypt, md5crypt, bcrypt, and others")
     (description
-     "libxcrypt is a modern library for one-way hashing of
-passwords. It supports a wide variety of both modern and historical
-hashing methods: yescrypt, gost-yescrypt, scrypt, bcrypt, sha512crypt,
-sha256crypt, md5crypt, SunMD5, sha1crypt, NT, bsdicrypt, bigcrypt, and
-descrypt.")
+     "libxcrypt is a modern library for one-way hashing of passwords.  It
+supports a wide variety of both modern and historical hashing methods:
+yescrypt, gost-yescrypt, scrypt, bcrypt, sha512crypt, sha256crypt, md5crypt,
+SunMD5, sha1crypt, NT, bsdicrypt, bigcrypt, and descrypt.")
     (home-page "https://github.com/besser82/libxcrypt")
     (license license:lgpl2.1)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm b/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
index 6c2f30209a..cddd3f494f 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
@@ -190,7 +190,7 @@ (define-public abstractdark-sddm-theme
       (synopsis "Abstract Dark theme for SDDM")
       (description
        "This package provides a minimalistic dark theme for SDDM, black
-background with abstract shapes. Inspired by solarized-sddm-theme.")
+background with abstract shapes.  Inspired by solarized-sddm-theme.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public dexy-color-sddm-theme
diff --git a/gnu/packages/docker.scm b/gnu/packages/docker.scm
index 0abe85f01e..bfc1898220 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/docker.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/docker.scm
@@ -796,7 +796,7 @@ (define-public docker-registry
     (home-page "https://github.com/docker/distribution")
     (synopsis "Docker registry server and associated tools")
     (description "The Docker registry server enable you to host your own
-docker registry. With it, there is also two other utilities:
+docker registry.  With it, there is also two other utilities:
 @itemize
 @item The digest utility is a tool that generates checksums compatibles with
 various docker manifest files.
diff --git a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
index 1ee9f3cc6d..f9fa9f751e 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
@@ -2636,7 +2636,7 @@ (define-public xdg-user-dirs
     (home-page "https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs/")
     (synopsis "Tool to help manage \"well known\" user directories")
     (description "xdg-user-dirs is a tool to help manage \"well known\" user
-directories, such as the desktop folder or the music folder. It also handles
+directories, such as the desktop folder or the music folder.  It also handles
 localization (i.e. translation) of the file names.  Designed to be
 automatically run when a user logs in, xdg-user-dirs can also be run
 manually by a user.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/game-development.scm b/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
index 06f6b61f83..89f1578a69 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
@@ -286,7 +286,7 @@ (define-public deutex
    (home-page "https://github.com/Doom-Utils/deutex")
    (synopsis "WAD file composer for Doom and related games")
    (description
-    "DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife. It can be
+    "DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife.  It can be
 used to extract the lumps of a wad and save them as individual files.
 Conversely, it can also build a wad from separate files.  When extracting a
 lump to a file, it does not just copy the raw data, it converts it to an
@@ -351,7 +351,7 @@ (define-public grfcodec
       (synopsis "GRF development tools")
       (description
        "The @dfn{Graphics Resource File} (GRF) development tools are a set of
-tools for developing (New)GRFs. It includes a number of smaller programs, each
+tools for developing (New)GRFs.  It includes a number of smaller programs, each
 with a specific task:
 @enumerate
 @item @code{grfcodec} decodes and encodes GRF files for OpenTTD.
diff --git a/gnu/packages/games.scm b/gnu/packages/games.scm
index 4b49e9725a..1112c8b401 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/games.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/games.scm
@@ -7215,7 +7215,7 @@ (define-public chroma
      (list pkg-config))
     (home-page "http://level7.org.uk/chroma/")
     (synopsis "Abstract puzzle game")
-    (description "Chroma is an abstract puzzle game. A variety of colourful
+    (description "Chroma is an abstract puzzle game.  A variety of colourful
 shapes are arranged in a series of increasingly complex patterns, forming
 fiendish traps that must be disarmed and mysterious puzzles that must be
 manipulated in order to give up their subtle secrets.  Initially so
diff --git a/gnu/packages/geo.scm b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
index 8b9b9a4cf7..89f4331b16 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/geo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
@@ -2026,7 +2026,7 @@ (define-public xygrib
      "XyGrib is a Grib file reader and visualizes meteorological data providing
 an off-line capability to analyse weather forecasts or hindcasts.  It is
 intended to be used as a capable weather work station for anyone with a serious
-interest in examining weather. This would include members of the sailing
+interest in examining weather.  This would include members of the sailing
 community, private and sport aviators, farmers, weather buffs and many more.
 XyGrib is the continuation of the zyGrib software package with a new team of
 volunteers.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm b/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
index 74ce010594..0d6c006da9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
@@ -356,11 +356,11 @@ (define-public gnunet-scheme
                          guile-quickcheck)) ;for tests
     (synopsis "Guile implementation of GNUnet client libraries")
     (description
-     "This package provides Guile modules for connecting to various
-GNUnet services. It also has infrastructure for writing new GNUnet services and
-connecting to them and can be used from multi-threaded environments.  It is not
-to be confused with @code{guile-gnunet} -- @code{guile-gnunet} supports a different
-set of services.
+     "This package provides Guile modules for connecting to various GNUnet
+services.  It also has infrastructure for writing new GNUnet services and
+connecting to them and can be used from multi-threaded environments.  It is
+not to be confused with @code{guile-gnunet} -- @code{guile-gnunet} supports a
+different set of services.
 
 The following services are supported:
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm b/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
index 9a43489a35..8194dc50c2 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
@@ -118,8 +118,8 @@ (define-public go-github-com-ipfs-go-block-format
     (synopsis "Set of interfaces for CID addressable blocks of data")
     (description
      "Package @code{blocks} contains the lowest level of @acronym{IPLD,
-InterPlanetary Linked Data} data structures. A block is raw data accompanied
-by a @acronym{Content Identifiers,CID}. The CID contains the multihash
+InterPlanetary Linked Data} data structures.  A block is raw data accompanied
+by a @acronym{Content Identifiers,CID}.  The CID contains the multihash
 corresponding to the block.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/kodi.scm b/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
index 432da7d3d5..589fb386ab 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
@@ -268,9 +268,10 @@ (define-public fstrcmp
     (synopsis "Fuzzy comparison of strings")
     (description
      "The fstrcmp project provides a library that is used to make fuzzy
-comparisons of strings and byte arrays, including multi-byte character strings.
-This can be useful in error messages, enabling the suggestion of likely valid
-alternatives. In compilers, this can reduce the cascade of secondary errors.")
+comparisons of strings and byte arrays, including multi-byte character
+strings.  This can be useful in error messages, enabling the suggestion of
+likely valid alternatives.  In compilers, this can reduce the cascade of
+secondary errors.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public kodi
diff --git a/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm b/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
index a3414c3751..c7d336b8b3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
@@ -5948,18 +5948,18 @@ (define-public vosk-api
       (inputs (list kaldi openfst openblas))
       (home-page "https://alphacephei.com/vosk")
       (synopsis "Speech recognition toolkit based on @code{kaldi}")
-      (description "\
-This package provides a speech recognition toolkit based on @code{kaldi}.  It
-supports more than 20 languages and dialects - English, Indian English,
-German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Vietnamese,
-Italian, Dutch, Catalan, Arabic, Greek, Farsi, Filipino, Ukrainian, Kazakh,
-Swedish, Japanese, Esperanto, Hindi, Czech, Polish. The program works offline,
-even on lightweight devices.  Portable per-language models are about 50Mb each,
-and there are much bigger and precise models available.
-
-Vosk API provides a streaming API allowing to use it `on-the-fly' and bindings
-for different programming languages.  It allows quick reconfiguration of
-vocabulary for better accuracy, and supports speaker identification beside
+      (description "This package provides a speech recognition toolkit based
+on @code{kaldi}.  It supports more than 20 languages and dialects - English,
+Indian English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian,
+Turkish, Vietnamese, Italian, Dutch, Catalan, Arabic, Greek, Farsi, Filipino,
+Ukrainian, Kazakh, Swedish, Japanese, Esperanto, Hindi, Czech, Polish.  The
+program works offline, even on lightweight devices.  Portable per-language
+models are about 50Mb each, and there are much bigger and precise models
+available.
+
+Vosk API provides a streaming API allowing to use it @emph{on-the-fly} and
+bindings for different programming languages.  It allows quick reconfiguration
+of vocabulary for better accuracy, and supports speaker identification beside
 simple speech recognition.")
       (license license:asl2.0))))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/messaging.scm b/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
index cb74f5f0b1..01361c6889 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
@@ -217,7 +217,7 @@ (define-public biboumi
    (home-page "https://biboumi.louiz.org")
    (synopsis "XMPP gateway that connects to IRC")
    (description "Biboumi is a Free, Libre and Open Source XMPP gateway that connects to IRC
-servers and translates between the two protocols. Its goal is to let XMPP
+servers and translates between the two protocols.  Its goal is to let XMPP
 users take part in IRC discussions, using their favourite XMPP client.")
    (license license:zlib)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/music.scm b/gnu/packages/music.scm
index 77922d9576..4832f33f09 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/music.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/music.scm
@@ -4494,7 +4494,7 @@ (define-public sooperlooper
     (synopsis "Live looping sampler")
     (description
      "SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop
-recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more. It allows for
+recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more.  It allows for
 multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your computer's
 available memory.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
@@ -7947,11 +7947,10 @@ (define-public samplebrain
     (home-page "https://thentrythis.org/projects/samplebrain/")
     (synopsis "Sample mashing synthesizer designed by Aphex Twin")
     (description
-     "Samplebrain chops samples up into a 'brain' of
-interconnected small sections called blocks which are connected into a network
-by similarity.  It processes a target sample, chopping it up into blocks in
-the same way, and tries to match each block with one in its brain to play in
-realtime.")
+     "Samplebrain chops samples up into a 'brain' of interconnected small
+sections called blocks which are connected into a network by similarity.  It
+processes a target sample, chopping it up into blocks in the same way, and
+tries to match each block with one in its brain to play in realtime.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public le-biniou-data
diff --git a/gnu/packages/perl.scm b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
index dd7383c75a..773c8f8813 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/perl.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
@@ -5385,7 +5385,7 @@ (define-public perl-file-readbackwards
     (build-system perl-build-system)
     (home-page "https://metacpan.org/release/File-ReadBackwards")
     (synopsis "Read a file backwards by lines")
-    (description "This module reads a file backwards line by line. It is
+    (description "This module reads a file backwards line by line.  It is
 simple to use, memory efficient and fast.  It supports both an object and a
 tied handle interface.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/rocm.scm b/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
index e883371928..dca3d58387 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
@@ -306,9 +306,9 @@ (define-public rocm-bandwidth-test
     (home-page "https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/rocm_bandwidth_test")
     (synopsis "Bandwidth test for ROCm")
     (description "RocBandwidthTest is designed to capture the performance
-characteristics of buffer copying and kernel read/write operations. The help
+characteristics of buffer copying and kernel read/write operations.  The help
 screen of the benchmark shows various options one can use in initiating
-cop/read/writer operations.  In addition one can also query the topology of the
-system in terms of memory pools and their agents.")
+cop/read/writer operations.  In addition one can also query the topology of
+the system in terms of memory pools and their agents.")
     (license license:ncsa)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/scanner.scm b/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
index a2faaa2728..21e9506d11 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
@@ -98,8 +98,8 @@ (define-public sane-airscan
 Any eSCL or WSD-capable scanner should just work.  sane-airscan automatically
 discovers and configures devices, including which protocol to use.  It was
 successfully tested with many devices from Brother, Canon, Dell, Kyocera,
-Lexmark, Epson, HP, OKI, Panasonic, Pantum, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox, with both
-WSD and eSCL.")
+Lexmark, Epson, HP, OKI, Panasonic, Pantum, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox, with
+both WSD and eSCL.")
     (license (list license:gpl2+        ; the combined work
                    license:expat))))    ; http_parser.[ch]
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/security-token.scm b/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
index 156a7d5e28..29e18a9cac 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
@@ -413,9 +413,9 @@ (define-public pkcs11-helper
     (home-page "https://github.com/OpenSC/pkcs11-helper")
     (synopsis "Library that simplifies the interaction with PKCS#11 providers")
     (description
-     "Pkcs11-helper is a library that simplifies the interaction with
-PKCS#11 providers for end-user applications. PKCS#11 is published standard.
-PKCS#11 is the de-facto standard to access cryptographic devices")
+     "Pkcs11-helper is a library that simplifies the interaction with PKCS#11
+providers for end-user applications.  PKCS#11 is published standard.  PKCS#11
+is the de-facto standard to access cryptographic devices")
     (license (list license:gpl2 license:bsd-3))))

diff --git a/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm b/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
index dc6749af5c..740c4fab88 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
@@ -748,8 +748,8 @@ (define-public shell-functools
     (home-page "https://github.com/sharkdp/shell-functools/")
     (synopsis "Functional programming tools for the shell")
     (description "This package provides higher order functions like map,
-filter, foldl, sort_by and take_while as simple command-line tools. Following
-the UNIX philosophy, these commands are designed to be composed via pipes. A
+filter, foldl, sort_by and take_while as simple command-line tools.  Following
+the UNIX philosophy, these commands are designed to be composed via pipes.  A
 large collection of functions such as basename, replace, contains or is_dir
 are provided as arguments to these commands.")
     (license license:expat)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/textutils.scm b/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
index 79918805d9..6091d1ea6d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
@@ -703,7 +703,8 @@ (define-public catdoc
     (synopsis "MS-Word to TeX or plain text converter")
     (description "@command{catdoc} extracts text from MS-Word files, trying to
 preserve as many special printable characters as possible.  It supports
-everything up to Word-97. Also supported are MS Write documents and RTF files.
+everything up to Word-97.  Also supported are MS Write documents and RTF
+files.
 
 @command{catdoc} does not preserve complex word formatting, but it can
 translate some non-ASCII characters into TeX escape codes.  It's goal is to
diff --git a/gnu/packages/tor.scm b/gnu/packages/tor.scm
index 421f6733f8..c16a081522 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/tor.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/tor.scm
@@ -131,7 +131,7 @@ (define-public tor
 applications based on the TCP protocol.
 
 This package is the full featured @code{tor} which is needed for running
-relays, bridges or directory authorities. If you just want to access the Tor
+relays, bridges or directory authorities.  If you just want to access the Tor
 network or to setup an onion service you may install @code{tor-client}
 instead.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
index ffbfd0fc3c..792496067c 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
@@ -2420,10 +2420,10 @@ (define-public xftwidth
     (home-page "https://github.com/vixus0/xftwidth")
     (synopsis "Calculator for determining pixel widths of displayed text using Xft fonts")
     (description "xftwidth is a small C program for calculating the pixel
-widths of displayed text using Xft fonts. It is especially useful in scripts
+widths of displayed text using Xft fonts.  It is especially useful in scripts
 for displaying text in graphical panels, menus, popups, and notification
-windows generated using dzen. These scripts are often used in conjunction with
-minimalistic tiling window managers such as herbstluftwm and bspwm.")
+windows generated using dzen.  These scripts are often used in conjunction
+with minimalistic tiling window managers such as herbstluftwm and bspwm.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
 (define-public xcb-util-xrm
@@ -3148,7 +3148,7 @@ (define-public xwallpaper
     (synopsis "Wallpaper setting utility for X")
     (description
      "The xwallpaper utility allows you to set image files as your X
-wallpaper. JPEG, PNG, and XPM file formats are supported.
+wallpaper.  JPEG, PNG, and XPM file formats are supported.
 
 The wallpaper is also advertised to programs which support semi-transparent
 backgrounds.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xfce.scm b/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
index 1db0b1b575..c5e5009ccf 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
@@ -1720,8 +1720,8 @@ (define-public xfce4-volumed-pulse
     (home-page "https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-volumed-pulse")
     (synopsis "XFCE volume keys daemon")
     (description
-     "This is a volume keys control daemon for Xfce Desktop environment. It controls
- the volume using multimedia keys. It also provides volume change notifications.")
+     "This is a volume keys control daemon for Xfce Desktop environment.  It controls
+ the volume using multimedia keys.  It also provides volume change notifications.")
     (license gpl3+)
     (properties `((release-tag-prefix . ,(string-append name "-"))))))
 
-- 
2.46.0