Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/6] Lint descriptions and synopses.

From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2025 13:09:37 -0800

On 2025-01-05, Gabriel Wicki wrote:
> I've split up, cleaned up and improved my previous submission.  This should drastically ease review.

Thanks!

> Gabriel Wicki (6):
>   gnu: Fix whitespace issues in descriptions.

Looked good, but did not apply, gave some suggestions on how to break it
up in reply to the patch directly.

>   gnu: Remove quotation marks in descriptions.

I am not sure what the appropriate decorators(?) are here, simply due to
my ignorance of... latex(?) ... help from someone more savvy would be
great.

Was also a bit of a long patch, so potentially could be broken up
further like the whitespace issues.

>   gnu: Fix various style issues in descriptions.

Applied.

>   gnu: Fix texinfo markup in descriptions
>   gnu: Fix description beginnings.

Again, these two used a lot of decorators(?), so I feel underqualified
here with regards to appropriate use, sorry.

>   gnu: Fix various synopses.

Applied.

As you might see from the ones that actually got applied so far, the
spirit of my original offer was definitely more along the lines of small
handfuls of packages to review a few at a time, but the comprehensive
approach is also valid!

Thanks for whittling away at it it!

live well,
  vagrant