Subject: [PATCH v2 1/6] gnu: Fix whitespace issues in descriptions.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 00:39:44 +0100

This mainly addresses `double-space after sentence end period' and `trailing
white space' issues.

* gnu/packages/astronomy.scm (python-tweakwcs): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/audio.scm (ecasound): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/axoloti.scm (ksoloti-runtime, ksoloti-patcher): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm (trf, ghc-int-interval-map): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/check.scm (python-pytest-subtesthack): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/chez.scm (chez-scheme, chez-scheme-bootstrap-bootfiles): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/code.scm (cscope): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/compression.scm (c-blosc): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/connman.scm (connman): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/cran.scm (r-hapassoc, r-brms, r-lpme): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm (rust-winit-0.30): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/crates-io.scm (rust-arr-macro-0.1, rust-chan-0.1,
rust-minimal-lexical-0.2): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/crypto.scm (libxcrypt): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/display-managers.scm (abstractdark-sddm-theme): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/docker.scm (docker-registry): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-bookmark-plus, emacs-dhall-mode,
emacs-aio, emacs-ligature, emacs-gdscript-mode, emacs-epithet, emacs-flx,
emacs-gnosis, emacs-citar-org-roam, emacs-trashed, emacs-ivy-hydra,
emacs-citre, emacs-waveform): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm (xdg-user-dirs): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/game-development.scm (deutex, grfcodec): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/games.scm (chroma): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/geo.scm (xygrib): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/gnunet.scm (gnunet-scheme): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/golang-check.scm (go-github.com-smartystreets-goconvey): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/golang-web.scm (go-github-com-jsimonetti-rtnetlink): Fix
description.
* gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm (go-github-com-containerd-cgroups, go-tomlv,
go-ulid): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/golang.scm (go-sigs-k8s-io-yaml): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm (ghc-tasty-expected-failure,
ghc-quickcheck-classes-base, ghc-doctest-lib): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm (ghc-hxt-unicode): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm (ghc-fsnotify, ghc-gtk2hs-buildtools,
ghc-operational, ghc-commonmark, ghc-template-haskell): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/ipfs.scm (go-github-com-ipfs-go-block-format): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/kodi.scm (fstrcmp): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/linux.scm (tuxedo-keyboard, libevdi, dwarves, f2fs-fsck/static,
perftest): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm (sbcl-circular-streams, sbcl-cl-geometry,
sbcl-cl-grnm, sbcl-nasdf, sbcl-sdl2kit, emacs-slite): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm (vosk-api): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/messaging.scm (biboumi): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/music.scm (sooperlooper, samplebrain): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/perl.scm (perl-file-readbackwards): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm (python-qnorm, python-uncertainties, python-sre-yield): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/qt.scm (python-pyqt6-sip): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/rocm.scm (rocm-bandwidth-test): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/scanner.scm (sane-airscan): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/security-token.scm (pkcs11-helper): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/shellutils.scm (shell-functools): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/tex.scm (texlive-jablantile, texlive-pmhanguljamo,
texlive-urcls, texlive-optexcount, texlive-pdfjam, texlive-pst-geo,
texlive-keyfloat, texlive-marginfit, texlive-pas-tableur): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/textutils.scm (catdoc): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/tor.scm (tor): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm (xftwidth, xwallpaper): Fix description.
* gnu/packages/xfce.scm (xfce4-volumed-pulse): Fix description.

Change-Id: Ic312ff450542cf6797e7e6ef7f80dea39d735af8
---
 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm        |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/audio.scm            |  8 ++--
 gnu/packages/axoloti.scm          | 12 +++---
 gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm   |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/check.scm            | 10 ++---
 gnu/packages/chez.scm             | 14 +++----
 gnu/packages/code.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/compression.scm      |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/connman.scm          |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/cran.scm             | 34 ++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm  | 11 +++---
 gnu/packages/crates-io.scm        |  8 ++--
 gnu/packages/crypto.scm           |  9 ++---
 gnu/packages/display-managers.scm |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/docker.scm           |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm        | 61 +++++++++++++++----------------
 gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm      |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/game-development.scm |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/games.scm            |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm              |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/gnunet.scm           | 10 ++---
 gnu/packages/golang-check.scm     |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/golang-web.scm       |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm       |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/golang.scm           |  7 ++--
 gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm    | 32 ++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm      |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm      | 12 +++---
 gnu/packages/ipfs.scm             |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/kodi.scm             |  7 ++--
 gnu/packages/linux.scm            | 19 +++++-----
 gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm         | 16 ++++----
 gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm | 24 ++++++------
 gnu/packages/messaging.scm        |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/music.scm            | 11 +++---
 gnu/packages/perl.scm             |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm       |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/qt.scm               |  5 ++-
 gnu/packages/rocm.scm             |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/scanner.scm          |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/security-token.scm   |  6 +--
 gnu/packages/shellutils.scm       |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/tex.scm              | 50 ++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/packages/textutils.scm        |  3 +-
 gnu/packages/tor.scm              |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm          |  8 ++--
 gnu/packages/xfce.scm             |  4 +-
 47 files changed, 224 insertions(+), 227 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/astronomy.scm b/gnu/packages/astronomy.scm
index 84307ce0b4..ade55d93c7 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/astronomy.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/astronomy.scm
@@ -6368,7 +6368,7 @@ (define-public python-tweakwcs
     (description
      "@code{tweakwcs} is a package that provides core algorithms for computing
 and applying corrections to @code{WCS} objects such as to minimize mismatch
-between image and reference catalogs. Currently only aligning images with
+between image and reference catalogs.  Currently only aligning images with
 @code{FITS WCS} and @code{JWST gWCS} are supported.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/audio.scm b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
index c8e22643ee..e9b80bdd9d 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/audio.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/audio.scm
@@ -5848,12 +5848,12 @@ (define-public ecasound
     (home-page "https://nosignal.fi/ecasound/index.php")
     (synopsis "Multitrack audio processing")
     (description "Ecasound is a software package designed for multitrack audio
-processing. It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and
+processing.  It can be used for simple tasks like audio playback, recording and
 format conversions, as well as for multitrack effect processing, mixing,
-recording and signal recycling. Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs,
-outputs and effect algorithms. Effects and audio objects can be combined in
+recording and signal recycling.  Ecasound supports a wide range of audio inputs,
+outputs and effect algorithms.  Effects and audio objects can be combined in
 various ways, and their parameters can be controlled by operator objects like
-oscillators and MIDI-CCs. A versatile console mode user-interface is included
+oscillators and MIDI-CCs.  A versatile console mode user-interface is included
 in the package.")
     ;; As an exception to the above, the C, C++ and python implementations
     ;; of the Ecasound Control Interface (ECI) are licensed under the LGPL
diff --git a/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm b/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
index 27e80082f0..591bd72f9b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/axoloti.scm
@@ -758,9 +758,9 @@ (define-public ksoloti-runtime
     (home-page "https://ksoloti.github.io/")
     (synopsis "Audio development environment for the Ksoloti board")
     (description
-     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital
-audio. It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone
-box, sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
+     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital audio.
+It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone box,
+sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
 sampler, MIDI generator/processor, CV or trigger generator, anything in
 between, and more.
 
@@ -918,9 +918,9 @@ (define-public ksoloti-patcher
      (list ant zip                      ;for repacking the jar
            unzip))
     (description
-     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital
-audio. It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone
-box, sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
+     "Ksoloti is an environment for generating and processing digital audio.
+It can be a programmable virtual modular synthesizer, polysynth, drone box,
+sequencer, chord generator, multi effect, sample player, looper, granular
 sampler, MIDI generator/processor, CV or trigger generator, anything in
 between, and more.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm b/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
index 45da76609b..c00ef54fe9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm
@@ -6471,7 +6471,7 @@ (define-public trf
 locate and display tandem repeats in DNA sequences.  In order to use the
 program, the user submits a sequence in FASTA format.  The output consists of
 two files: a repeat table file and an alignment file.  Submitted sequences may
-be of arbitrary length. Repeats with pattern size in the range from 1 to 2000
+be of arbitrary length.  Repeats with pattern size in the range from 1 to 2000
 bases are detected.")
     (license license:agpl3+)))
 
@@ -20059,7 +20059,7 @@ (define-public ghc-int-interval-map
 memory (each interval is represented by about 3 words + whatever the
 cargo is) and has semantics that are appropriate for genomic intervals
 (namely, intervals can overlap and queries will return all matches
-together). It also designed to be used in two phases: a construction
+together).  It also designed to be used in two phases: a construction
 phase + query phase).")
       (license license:expat))))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/check.scm b/gnu/packages/check.scm
index 5fef10485b..b5c05e36c9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/check.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/check.scm
@@ -2741,11 +2741,11 @@ (define-public python-pytest-subtesthack
     (propagated-inputs
      (list python-pytest))
     (synopsis "Set-up and tear-down fixtures for unit tests")
-    (description "This plugin allows you to set up and tear down fixtures within
-unit test functions that use @code{py.test}. This is useful for using
-@command{hypothesis} inside py.test, as @command{hypothesis} will call the test
-function multiple times, without setting up or tearing down fixture state as is
-normally the case.")
+    (description "This plugin allows you to set up and tear down fixtures
+within unit test functions that use @code{py.test}.  This is useful for using
+@command{hypothesis} inside py.test, as @command{hypothesis} will call the
+test function multiple times, without setting up or tearing down fixture state
+as is normally the case.")
     (home-page "https://github.com/untitaker/pytest-subtesthack/")
     (license license:unlicense)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/chez.scm b/gnu/packages/chez.scm
index 1a0668b9f8..9e022ef2d4 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/chez.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/chez.scm
@@ -679,15 +679,15 @@ (define-public chez-scheme-bootstrap-bootfiles
     (home-page "https://cisco.github.io/ChezScheme/")
     (synopsis "Bootstrapped Chez Scheme boot files")
     (description
-     "Chez Scheme is a self-hosting compiler: building it requires
-``boot files'' containing the Scheme-implemented portions compiled for the
-current platform.  (Chez can then cross-compile bootfiles for all other
-supported platforms.)
+     "Chez Scheme is a self-hosting compiler: building it requires ``boot
+files'' containing the Scheme-implemented portions compiled for the current
+platform.  (Chez can then cross-compile bootfiles for all other supported
+platforms.)
 
 This package provides boot files for the released version of Chez Scheme
-bootstrapped by @code{chez-scheme-for-racket}. Chez Scheme 9.5.4 or any later
-version can be used for bootstrapping. Guix ultimately uses the Racket package
-@code{cs-bootstrap} to bootstrap its initial version of Chez Scheme.")
+bootstrapped by @code{chez-scheme-for-racket}.  Chez Scheme 9.5.4 or any later
+version can be used for bootstrapping.  Guix ultimately uses the Racket
+package @code{cs-bootstrap} to bootstrap its initial version of Chez Scheme.")
     (license asl2.0)))
 
 ;;
diff --git a/gnu/packages/code.scm b/gnu/packages/code.scm
index 65afd30316..28d54d0478 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/code.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/code.scm
@@ -1048,7 +1048,7 @@ (define-public cscope
     (home-page "https://cscope.sourceforge.net")
     (synopsis "Tool for browsing source code")
     (description
-     "Cscope is a text screen based source browsing tool. Although it is
+     "Cscope is a text screen based source browsing tool.  Although it is
 primarily designed to search C code (including lex and yacc files), it can
 also be used for C++ code.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/compression.scm b/gnu/packages/compression.scm
index dec25452a3..cdb029b225 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/compression.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/compression.scm
@@ -2794,8 +2794,8 @@ (define-public c-blosc
     (home-page "https://www.blosc.org/")
     (synopsis "Blocking, shuffling and lossless compression library")
     (description
-     "Blosc is a high performance compressor optimized for binary data. It has
-been designed to transmit data to the processor cache faster than the
+     "Blosc is a high performance compressor optimized for binary data.  It
+has been designed to transmit data to the processor cache faster than the
 traditional, non-compressed, direct memory fetch approach via a
 @code{memcpy()} system call.  Blosc is meant not only to reduce the size of
 large datasets on-disk or in-memory, but also to accelerate memory-bound
diff --git a/gnu/packages/connman.scm b/gnu/packages/connman.scm
index a13b6d199e..bc6328926a 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/connman.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/connman.scm
@@ -107,7 +107,7 @@ (define-public connman
     (synopsis "Connection management daemon")
     (description "Connman provides a daemon for managing Internet connections.
 The Connection Manager is designed to be slim and to use as few resources as
-possible. It is fully modular system that can be extended through plug-ins.
+possible.  It is fully modular system that can be extended through plug-ins.
 The plug-in approach allows for easy adaption and modification for various use
 cases.  Connman implements DNS resolving and caching, DHCP clients for both
 IPv4 and IPv6, link-local IPv4 address handling and tethering (IP connection
diff --git a/gnu/packages/cran.scm b/gnu/packages/cran.scm
index 3cfdf5ffbb..98597e3bbe 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/cran.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/cran.scm
@@ -27826,8 +27826,8 @@ (define-public r-hapassoc
     (synopsis "Inference of trait associations with SNP haplotypes")
     (description
      "Hapassoc performs likelihood inference of trait associations with
-haplotypes and other covariates in @dfn{generalized linear models} (GLMs). The
-functions are developed primarily for data collected in cohort or
+haplotypes and other covariates in @dfn{generalized linear models} (GLMs).
+The functions are developed primarily for data collected in cohort or
 cross-sectional studies.  They can accommodate uncertain haplotype phase and
 handle missing genotypes at some SNPs.")
     (license license:gpl2)))
@@ -37884,17 +37884,18 @@ (define-public r-brms
      "Bayesian Regression Models using 'Stan'")
     (description
      "Fit Bayesian generalized (non-)linear multivariate multilevel models
-using 'Stan' for full Bayesian inference. A wide range of distributions and
-link functions are supported, allowing users to fit -- among others -- linear,
-robust linear, count data, survival, response times, ordinal, zero-inflated,
-hurdle, and even self-defined mixture models all in a multilevel context.
-Further modeling options include non-linear and smooth terms, auto-correlation
-structures, censored data, meta-analytic standard errors, and quite a few
-more. In addition, all parameters of the response distribution can be
-predicted in order to perform distributional regression. Prior specifications
-are flexible and explicitly encourage users to apply prior distributions that
-actually reflect their beliefs. Model fit can easily be assessed and compared
-with posterior predictive checks and leave-one-out cross-validation.")
+using @emph{Stan} for full Bayesian inference.  A wide range of distributions
+and link functions are supported, allowing users to fit -- among others --
+linear, robust linear, count data, survival, response times, ordinal,
+zero-inflated, hurdle, and even self-defined mixture models all in a
+multilevel context.  Further modeling options include non-linear and smooth
+terms, auto-correlation structures, censored data, meta-analytic standard
+errors, and quite a few more. In addition, all parameters of the response
+distribution can be predicted in order to perform distributional
+regression. Prior specifications are flexible and explicitly encourage users
+to apply prior distributions that actually reflect their beliefs. Model fit
+can easily be assessed and compared with posterior predictive checks and
+leave-one-out cross-validation.")
     (license license:gpl2)))
 
 (define-public r-mstate
@@ -41462,10 +41463,9 @@ (define-public r-lpme
       "https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lpme/")
     (synopsis "Nonparametric Estimation of Measurement Error Models")
     (description
-      "Provide nonparametric methods for mean regression model,
-modal regression and conditional density estimation in the
-presence/absence of measurement error. Bandwidth selection is
-also provided for each method.")
+      "Provide nonparametric methods for mean regression model, modal
+regression and conditional density estimation in the presence/absence of
+measurement error.  Bandwidth selection is also provided for each method.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public r-aws-signature
diff --git a/gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm b/gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm
index 9ea45c6db6..9d7f44693a 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/crates-graphics.scm
@@ -5848,14 +5848,13 @@ (define-public rust-winit-0.30
     (home-page "https://github.com/rust-windowing/winit")
     (synopsis "Window creation library")
     (description
-     "Winit is a window creation and management library. It can create
-windows and lets you handle events (for example: the window being
-resized, a key being pressed, a mouse movement, etc.) produced by
-window.
+     "Winit is a window creation and management library.  It can create
+windows and lets you handle events (for example: the window being resized, a
+key being pressed, a mouse movement, etc.) produced by window.
 
 Winit is designed to be a low-level brick in a hierarchy of libraries.
-Consequently, in order to show something on the window you need to use
-the platform-specific getters provided by winit, or another library.")
+Consequently, in order to show something on the window you need to use the
+platform-specific getters provided by winit, or another library.")
     (license license:asl2.0)))
 
 (define-public rust-winit-0.29
diff --git a/gnu/packages/crates-io.scm b/gnu/packages/crates-io.scm
index 1587abe3bb..e7cb49c028 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/crates-io.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/crates-io.scm
@@ -3038,7 +3038,7 @@ (define-public rust-arr-macro-0.1
         ("rust-proc-macro-hack" ,rust-proc-macro-hack-0.5))))
     (home-page "https://github.com/JoshMcguigan/arr_macro")
     (synopsis "Initialize arrays with ease")
-    (description "Array macro helps initialize arrays. It is useful when
+    (description "Array macro helps initialize arrays.  It is useful when
 initializing large arrays (greater than 32 elements), or arrays of types which
 do not implement the copy or default traits.")
     (license (list license:expat license:asl2.0))))
@@ -12967,7 +12967,7 @@ (define-public rust-chan-0.1
        #:cargo-inputs (("rust-rand" ,rust-rand-0.3))))
     (home-page "https://github.com/BurntSushi/chan")
     (synopsis "DEPRECATED. Use crossbeam-channel instead")
-    (description "DEPRECATED. Use crossbeam-channel instead.")
+    (description "DEPRECATED.  Use crossbeam-channel instead.")
     (license (list license:unlicense license:expat))))
 
 (define-public rust-chalk-derive-0.75
@@ -45451,8 +45451,8 @@ (define-public rust-minimal-lexical-0.2
     (home-page "https://github.com/Alexhuszagh/minimal-lexical")
     (synopsis "Float parsing conversion routines")
     (description "This is a minimal version of rust-lexical, meant to allow
-efficient round-trip float parsing. Minimal-lexical implements a correct, fast
-float parser.")
+efficient round-trip float parsing.  Minimal-lexical implements a correct,
+fast float parser.")
     (license (list license:expat license:asl2.0))))
 
 (define-public rust-minimp3-0.5
diff --git a/gnu/packages/crypto.scm b/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
index cca6c866b0..148f0eea83 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/crypto.scm
@@ -1680,11 +1680,10 @@ (define-public libxcrypt
     (synopsis
      "Extended crypt library for descrypt, md5crypt, bcrypt, and others")
     (description
-     "libxcrypt is a modern library for one-way hashing of
-passwords. It supports a wide variety of both modern and historical
-hashing methods: yescrypt, gost-yescrypt, scrypt, bcrypt, sha512crypt,
-sha256crypt, md5crypt, SunMD5, sha1crypt, NT, bsdicrypt, bigcrypt, and
-descrypt.")
+     "libxcrypt is a modern library for one-way hashing of passwords.  It
+supports a wide variety of both modern and historical hashing methods:
+yescrypt, gost-yescrypt, scrypt, bcrypt, sha512crypt, sha256crypt, md5crypt,
+SunMD5, sha1crypt, NT, bsdicrypt, bigcrypt, and descrypt.")
     (home-page "https://github.com/besser82/libxcrypt")
     (license license:lgpl2.1)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm b/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
index 6c2f30209a..cddd3f494f 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/display-managers.scm
@@ -190,7 +190,7 @@ (define-public abstractdark-sddm-theme
       (synopsis "Abstract Dark theme for SDDM")
       (description
        "This package provides a minimalistic dark theme for SDDM, black
-background with abstract shapes. Inspired by solarized-sddm-theme.")
+background with abstract shapes.  Inspired by solarized-sddm-theme.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public dexy-color-sddm-theme
diff --git a/gnu/packages/docker.scm b/gnu/packages/docker.scm
index 0abe85f01e..bfc1898220 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/docker.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/docker.scm
@@ -796,7 +796,7 @@ (define-public docker-registry
     (home-page "https://github.com/docker/distribution")
     (synopsis "Docker registry server and associated tools")
     (description "The Docker registry server enable you to host your own
-docker registry. With it, there is also two other utilities:
+docker registry.  With it, there is also two other utilities:
 @itemize
 @item The digest utility is a tool that generates checksums compatibles with
 various docker manifest files.
diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index 1920a4ad38..4f88cc5eb8 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -454,7 +454,7 @@ (define-public emacs-bookmark-plus
     (synopsis "Extensions to the Bookmark library in Emacs")
     (description
      "Bookmarks are a powerful Emacs feature.  This package makes them even
-more versatile. You can bookmark many more kinds of data.  You can add tags.
+more versatile.  You can bookmark many more kinds of data.  You can add tags.
 There are many more ways to organize and display your bookmarks.  I recommend
 reading the extensive documentation about BookmarkPlus on the Emacs Wiki.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -4682,7 +4682,7 @@ (define-public emacs-dhall-mode
       (synopsis "Major mode for working with Dhall configuration language")
       (description
        "Dhall-mode provides an Emacs Major mode for working with the Dhall
-configuration language. It features:
+configuration language.  It features:
 
 @itemize
 @item Syntax highlighting
@@ -4787,10 +4787,10 @@ (define-public emacs-aio
      (list emacs-elfeed emacs-skewer-mode))
     (home-page "https://github.com/skeeto/emacs-aio")
     (synopsis "Async/Await for Emacs Lisp")
-    (description "@code{aio} is to Emacs Lisp as @code{asyncio} is to
-Python. This package builds upon Emacs generators to provide functions that
-pause while they wait on asynchronous events.  They do not block any thread
-while paused.")
+    (description "@code{aio} is to Emacs Lisp as @code{asyncio} is to Python.
+This package builds upon Emacs generators to provide functions that pause
+while they wait on asynchronous events.  They do not block any thread while
+paused.")
     (license license:unlicense)))
 
 (define-public emacs-async
@@ -6687,11 +6687,11 @@ (define-public emacs-ligature
       (home-page "https://github.com/mickeynp/ligature.el")
       (synopsis "Typographic ligatures in Emacs")
       (description
-       "This package maps ordinary graphemes (characters) to fancy
-ligatures, if both your version of Emacs and the font supports it.  With this
-package you can control where Emacs must display ligatures. That is useful if
-you only want a subset of the ligatures in certain major modes, for instance,
-or if you want to ensure that some modes have no ligatures at all.")
+       "This package maps ordinary graphemes (characters) to fancy ligatures,
+if both your version of Emacs and the font supports it.  With this package you
+can control where Emacs must display ligatures.  That is useful if you only
+want a subset of the ligatures in certain major modes, for instance, or if you
+want to ensure that some modes have no ligatures at all.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-olivetti
@@ -7348,7 +7348,7 @@ (define-public emacs-gdscript-mode
     (synopsis "GDScript support and syntax highlighting in Emacs")
     (description
      "This package adds support for the GDScript programming language from the
-Godot game engine in Emacs. It features all the essentials, e.g., syntax
+Godot game engine in Emacs.  It features all the essentials, e.g., syntax
 highlighting, code folding, indentation, automatic pairing, auto-completion,
 and code formatting.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -15845,11 +15845,11 @@ (define-public emacs-epithet
       (home-page "https://github.com/oantolin/epithet")
       (synopsis "Rename Emacs buffers with descriptive names")
       (description
-       "This package provides a function---@code{epithet-rename-buffer}---to rename
-the current buffer with a descriptive name. The name suggestion is governed by
-the @code{epithet-suggesters} hook variable: each hook should return either a
-name suggestion or @code{nil}, they are called in turn and the first non-nil
-suggestion is taken.")
+       "This package provides a function---@code{epithet-rename-buffer}---to
+rename the current buffer with a descriptive name.  The name suggestion is
+governed by the @code{epithet-suggesters} hook variable: each hook should
+return either a name suggestion or @code{nil}, they are called in turn and the
+first non-nil suggestion is taken.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-eterm-256color
@@ -18501,7 +18501,7 @@ (define-public emacs-flx
      "Flx provides fuzzy matching for emacs a la sublime text.
 The sorting algorithm is a balance between word beginnings (abbreviation)
 and contiguous matches (substring).  The longer the substring match,
-the higher it scores. This maps well to how we think about matching.
+the higher it scores.  This maps well to how we think about matching.
 Flx has support for ido (interactively do things) through flx-ido.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
@@ -25472,11 +25472,10 @@ (define-public emacs-citar-org-roam
     (propagated-inputs (list emacs-citar emacs-org-roam))
     (home-page "https://github.com/emacs-citar/citar-org-roam")
     (synopsis "Emacs package to provide tighter Citar and Org-Roam integration")
-    (description "\
-Out-of-box, Citar provides default support for file-per-note bibliographic
-notes that are compatible with Org-Roam v2.  This package integrates directly
-with the Org-Roam database, and provides the following additional features to
-Citar note support:
+    (description "Out-of-box, Citar provides default support for file-per-note
+bibliographic notes that are compatible with Org-Roam v2.  This package
+integrates directly with the Org-Roam database, and provides the following
+additional features to Citar note support:
 @itemize
 @item multiple references per note
 @item multiple reference notes per file
@@ -39195,8 +39194,8 @@ (define-public emacs-trashed
     (synopsis "View and edit system trash can in Emacs")
     (description "Open, view, browse, restore or permanently delete trashed
 files or directories in trash can with Dired-like look and feel.  The trash
-can has to be compliant with freedesktop.org. In Emacs, you can trash files by
-deleting them with @code{(setq delete-by-moving-to-trash t)}.  This package
+can has to be compliant with freedesktop.org.  In Emacs, you can trash files
+by deleting them with @code{(setq delete-by-moving-to-trash t)}.  This package
 provides a simple but convenient user interface to manage those trashed
 files.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -40512,9 +40511,9 @@ (define-public emacs-ivy-hydra
     (home-page "https://github.com/abo-abo/swiper")
     (synopsis "Additional key bindings for Ivy")
     (description
-     "This package provides the `hydra-ivy/body' command, which is a
-quasi-prefix map, with many useful bindings.  These bindings are
-shorter than usual, using mostly unprefixed keys.")
+     "This package provides the @command{hydra-ivy/body} command, which is a
+quasi-prefix map, with many useful bindings.  These bindings are shorter than
+usual, using mostly unprefixed keys.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public emacs-cwl-mode
@@ -40990,7 +40989,7 @@ (define-public emacs-citre
     (synopsis "Ctags IDE on Emacs")
     (description
      "Citre is an advanced Ctags (or actually, readtags) frontend for
-Emacs. It offers Completion At Point, Xref and Imenu integration.  It also
+Emacs.  It offers Completion At Point, Xref and Imenu integration.  It also
 provides a Completing Read UI for jumping to definition and a powerful code
 reading tool that lets you go down the rabbit hole without leaving current
 buffer.")
@@ -41917,8 +41916,8 @@ (define-public emacs-waveform
       (home-page "https://github.com/sachac/waveform-el/")
       (synopsis "Display a waveform and use it to navigate")
       (description
-       "This package displays a waveform of a sound file. You can then play or
-navigate through it.")
+       "This package displays a waveform of a sound file.  You can then play
+or navigate through it.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-project-x
diff --git a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
index 1ee9f3cc6d..f9fa9f751e 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/freedesktop.scm
@@ -2636,7 +2636,7 @@ (define-public xdg-user-dirs
     (home-page "https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs/")
     (synopsis "Tool to help manage \"well known\" user directories")
     (description "xdg-user-dirs is a tool to help manage \"well known\" user
-directories, such as the desktop folder or the music folder. It also handles
+directories, such as the desktop folder or the music folder.  It also handles
 localization (i.e. translation) of the file names.  Designed to be
 automatically run when a user logs in, xdg-user-dirs can also be run
 manually by a user.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/game-development.scm b/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
index 5811ee9164..19dced56f2 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/game-development.scm
@@ -286,7 +286,7 @@ (define-public deutex
    (home-page "https://github.com/Doom-Utils/deutex")
    (synopsis "WAD file composer for Doom and related games")
    (description
-    "DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife. It can be
+    "DeuTex is a wad composer for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife.  It can be
 used to extract the lumps of a wad and save them as individual files.
 Conversely, it can also build a wad from separate files.  When extracting a
 lump to a file, it does not just copy the raw data, it converts it to an
@@ -351,7 +351,7 @@ (define-public grfcodec
       (synopsis "GRF development tools")
       (description
        "The @dfn{Graphics Resource File} (GRF) development tools are a set of
-tools for developing (New)GRFs. It includes a number of smaller programs, each
+tools for developing (New)GRFs.  It includes a number of smaller programs, each
 with a specific task:
 @enumerate
 @item @code{grfcodec} decodes and encodes GRF files for OpenTTD.
diff --git a/gnu/packages/games.scm b/gnu/packages/games.scm
index d42c0b7d25..1b0847f55e 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/games.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/games.scm
@@ -7215,7 +7215,7 @@ (define-public chroma
      (list pkg-config))
     (home-page "http://level7.org.uk/chroma/")
     (synopsis "Abstract puzzle game")
-    (description "Chroma is an abstract puzzle game. A variety of colourful
+    (description "Chroma is an abstract puzzle game.  A variety of colourful
 shapes are arranged in a series of increasingly complex patterns, forming
 fiendish traps that must be disarmed and mysterious puzzles that must be
 manipulated in order to give up their subtle secrets.  Initially so
diff --git a/gnu/packages/geo.scm b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
index 8b9b9a4cf7..89f4331b16 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/geo.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/geo.scm
@@ -2026,7 +2026,7 @@ (define-public xygrib
      "XyGrib is a Grib file reader and visualizes meteorological data providing
 an off-line capability to analyse weather forecasts or hindcasts.  It is
 intended to be used as a capable weather work station for anyone with a serious
-interest in examining weather. This would include members of the sailing
+interest in examining weather.  This would include members of the sailing
 community, private and sport aviators, farmers, weather buffs and many more.
 XyGrib is the continuation of the zyGrib software package with a new team of
 volunteers.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm b/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
index 74ce010594..0d6c006da9 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/gnunet.scm
@@ -356,11 +356,11 @@ (define-public gnunet-scheme
                          guile-quickcheck)) ;for tests
     (synopsis "Guile implementation of GNUnet client libraries")
     (description
-     "This package provides Guile modules for connecting to various
-GNUnet services. It also has infrastructure for writing new GNUnet services and
-connecting to them and can be used from multi-threaded environments.  It is not
-to be confused with @code{guile-gnunet} -- @code{guile-gnunet} supports a different
-set of services.
+     "This package provides Guile modules for connecting to various GNUnet
+services.  It also has infrastructure for writing new GNUnet services and
+connecting to them and can be used from multi-threaded environments.  It is
+not to be confused with @code{guile-gnunet} -- @code{guile-gnunet} supports a
+different set of services.
 
 The following services are supported:
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/golang-check.scm b/gnu/packages/golang-check.scm
index f6696c18e3..4831bb02c7 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/golang-check.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/golang-check.scm
@@ -1131,7 +1131,7 @@ (define-public go-github-com-smartystreets-goconvey
            go-golang-org-x-tools))
     (home-page "https://github.com/smartystreets/goconvey")
     (synopsis "Go testing tool with both a web and terminal user interface")
-    (description "GoConvey is a testing tool for Go. It integrates with go
+    (description "GoConvey is a testing tool for Go.  It integrates with go
 test, can show test coverage and has a web user interface that will refresh
 automatically.")
     (license license:expat)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/golang-web.scm b/gnu/packages/golang-web.scm
index c0b76f89b6..6d1a0c1eae 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/golang-web.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/golang-web.scm
@@ -3077,7 +3077,7 @@ (define-public go-github-com-jsimonetti-rtnetlink
     (synopsis "Low-level access to the Linux rtnetlink API")
     (description
      "This package allows the kernel's routing tables to be read and
-altered. Network routes, IP addresses, Link parameters, Neighbor
+altered.  Network routes, IP addresses, Link parameters, Neighbor
 setups,Queueing disciplines, Traffic classes and Packet classifiers may all be
 controlled.  It is based on netlink messages.")
     (license license:expat)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm
index e17afa6f2a..72216ae2a4 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm
@@ -1858,7 +1858,7 @@ (define-public go-github-com-containerd-cgroups
     (synopsis "Cgroups for Golang")
     (description
      "This package implements a functinoality for creating, managing,
-inspecting, and destroying cgroups. The resources format for settings on the
+inspecting, and destroying cgroups.  The resources format for settings on the
 cgroup uses the OCI runtime-spec found
 @url{https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec,here}.")
     (license license:asl2.0)))
@@ -8894,7 +8894,7 @@ (define-public go-tomlv
       #:unpack-path "github.com/BurntSushi/toml"))
     (description
      (string-append (package-description go-github-com-burntsushi-toml)
-                    " This package provides an command line interface (CLI)
+                    "  This package provides an command line interface (CLI)
 tool."))))
 
 (define-public go-ulid
@@ -8910,7 +8910,7 @@ (define-public go-ulid
      (list go-github-com-pborman-getopt))
     (description
      (string-append (package-description go-github-com-oklog-ulid)
-                    " This package provides an command line interface (CLI)
+                    "  This package provides an command line interface (CLI)
 tool."))))
 
 ;;;
diff --git a/gnu/packages/golang.scm b/gnu/packages/golang.scm
index fe26adeede..b1ea9e5a28 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/golang.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/golang.scm
@@ -7370,10 +7370,9 @@ (define-public go-sigs-k8s-io-yaml
     (description
      "This package provides a Go library that first converts YAML to JSON
 using @code{go-yaml} and then uses @code{json.Marshal} and
-@code{json.Unmarshal} to convert to or from the struct. This means that
-it effectively reuses the JSON struct tags as well as the custom JSON
-methods @code{MarshalJSON} and @code{UnmarshalJSON} unlike
-@code{go-yaml}.
+@code{json.Unmarshal} to convert to or from the struct.  This means that it
+effectively reuses the JSON struct tags as well as the custom JSON methods
+@code{MarshalJSON} and @code{UnmarshalJSON} unlike @code{go-yaml}.
 
 kubernetes-sigs/yaml is a permanent fork of
 @url{https://github.com/ghodss/yaml,ghodss/yaml}.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm b/gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm
index 6f6ac3fd08..e668706959 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/haskell-check.scm
@@ -355,7 +355,7 @@ (define-public ghc-tasty-expected-failure
     (description
      "With the function @code{Test.Tasty.ExpectedFailure.expectFail} in the
 provided module @code{Test.Tasty.ExpectedFailure}, you can mark that you
-expect test cases to fail, and not to pass. This can be used for test-driven
+expect test cases to fail, and not to pass.  This can be used for test-driven
 development.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
@@ -1069,21 +1069,19 @@ (define-public ghc-quickcheck-classes-base
     (home-page "https://github.com/andrewthad/quickcheck-classes#readme")
     (synopsis "QuickCheck common typeclasses from `base`")
     (description
-      "This library is a minimal variant of `quickcheck-classes`
-that only provides laws for typeclasses from `base`. The main
-purpose of splitting this out is so that `primitive` can depend
-on `quickcheck-classes-base` in its test suite, avoiding the
-circular dependency that arises if `quickcheck-classes` is used
-instead. . This library provides QuickCheck properties to ensure
-that typeclass instances adhere to the set of laws that they are
-supposed to. There are other libraries that do similar things,
-such as `genvalidity-hspec` and `checkers`. This library differs
-from other solutions by not introducing any new typeclasses that
-the user needs to learn. . /Note:/ on GHC < 8.5, this library
-uses the higher-kinded typeclasses ('Data.Functor.Classes.Show1',
-'Data.Functor.Classes.Eq1', 'Data.Functor.Classes.Ord1', etc.),
-but on GHC >= 8.5, it uses `-XQuantifiedConstraints` to express
-these constraints more cleanly.")
+      "This library is a minimal variant of `quickcheck-classes` that only
+provides laws for typeclasses from `base`.  The main purpose of splitting this
+out is so that `primitive` can depend on `quickcheck-classes-base` in its test
+suite, avoiding the circular dependency that arises if `quickcheck-classes` is
+used instead.  This library provides QuickCheck properties to ensure that
+typeclass instances adhere to the set of laws that they are supposed to.
+There are other libraries that do similar things, such as `genvalidity-hspec`
+and `checkers`.  This library differs from other solutions by not introducing
+any new typeclasses that the user needs to learn.  @emph{Note:} on GHC < 8.5,
+this library uses the higher-kinded typeclasses
+(@code{Data.Functor.Classes.Show1}, @code{Data.Functor.Classes.Eq1},
+@code{Data.Functor.Classes.Ord1}, etc.), but on GHC >= 8.5, it uses
+`-XQuantifiedConstraints` to express these constraints more cleanly.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
 
 (define-public ghc-doctest-lib
@@ -1101,7 +1099,7 @@ (define-public ghc-doctest-lib
     (home-page "https://hub.darcs.net/thielema/doctest-lib/")
     (synopsis "Parts of doctest exposed as library")
     (description
-      "Parts of doctest exposed as library. For use with the doctest-extract utility.")
+      "Parts of doctest exposed as library.  For use with the doctest-extract utility.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
 (define-public ghc-doctest-exitcode-stdio
diff --git a/gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm b/gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm
index 540b167b7a..f211c870a3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/haskell-web.scm
@@ -1508,7 +1508,7 @@ (define-public ghc-hxt-unicode
     (description
      "This package provides Unicode encoding and decoding functions for
 encodings used in the Haskell XML Toolbox.  ISO Latin 1-16, utf8, utf16, ASCII
-are supported. Decoding is done with lazy functions, errors may be detected or
+are supported.  Decoding is done with lazy functions, errors may be detected or
 ignored.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
index 7024d54ff2..4d24d5dd94 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/haskell-xyz.scm
@@ -4404,7 +4404,7 @@ (define-public ghc-fsnotify
     (home-page "https://github.com/haskell-fswatch/hfsnotify")
     (synopsis "Cross platform library for file change notification")
     (description "Cross platform library for file creation, modification, and
-deletion notification. This library builds upon existing libraries for platform
+deletion notification.  This library builds upon existing libraries for platform
 specific Windows, Mac, and Linux file system event notification.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
 
@@ -4745,10 +4745,10 @@ (define-public ghc-gtk2hs-buildtools
     (synopsis "Tools to build the Gtk2Hs suite of user interface libraries")
     (description
      "This package provides a set of helper programs necessary to build the
-Gtk2Hs suite of libraries. These tools include a modified c2hs binding tool
+Gtk2Hs suite of libraries.  These tools include a modified c2hs binding tool
 that is used to generate FFI declarations, a tool to build a type hierarchy
 that mirrors the C type hierarchy of GObjects found in glib, and a generator
-for signal declarations that are used to call back from C to Haskell. These
+for signal declarations that are used to call back from C to Haskell.  These
 tools are not needed to actually run Gtk2Hs programs.")
     (license license:gpl2)))
 
@@ -8302,7 +8302,7 @@ (define-public ghc-operational
      "Implementation of difficult monads made easy with operational semantics")
     (description
      "This library makes it easy to implement monads with tricky control
-flow. This is useful for: writing web applications in a sequential style,
+flow.  This is useful for: writing web applications in a sequential style,
 programming games with a uniform interface for human and AI players and easy
 replay capababilities, implementing fast parser monads, designing monadic
 DSLs, etc.")
@@ -15129,7 +15129,7 @@ (define-public ghc-commonmark
 
 Accurate information about source positions is available for all block and
 inline elements.  Thus the library can be used to create an accurate syntax
-highlighter or an editor with live preview. The parser has been designed for
+highlighter or an editor with live preview.  The parser has been designed for
 robust performance even in pathological cases that tend to cause stack
 overflows or exponential slowdowns in other parsers, with parsing speed that
 varies linearly with input length.")
@@ -15243,7 +15243,7 @@ (define-public ghc-template-haskell
     (synopsis "Support library for Template Haskell")
     (description
      "This package provides modules containing facilities for manipulating
-Haskell source code using Template Haskell. See
+Haskell source code using Template Haskell.  See
 @uref{http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Template_Haskell} for more
 information.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm b/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
index 9a43489a35..8194dc50c2 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/ipfs.scm
@@ -118,8 +118,8 @@ (define-public go-github-com-ipfs-go-block-format
     (synopsis "Set of interfaces for CID addressable blocks of data")
     (description
      "Package @code{blocks} contains the lowest level of @acronym{IPLD,
-InterPlanetary Linked Data} data structures. A block is raw data accompanied
-by a @acronym{Content Identifiers,CID}. The CID contains the multihash
+InterPlanetary Linked Data} data structures.  A block is raw data accompanied
+by a @acronym{Content Identifiers,CID}.  The CID contains the multihash
 corresponding to the block.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/kodi.scm b/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
index 432da7d3d5..589fb386ab 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/kodi.scm
@@ -268,9 +268,10 @@ (define-public fstrcmp
     (synopsis "Fuzzy comparison of strings")
     (description
      "The fstrcmp project provides a library that is used to make fuzzy
-comparisons of strings and byte arrays, including multi-byte character strings.
-This can be useful in error messages, enabling the suggestion of likely valid
-alternatives. In compilers, this can reduce the cascade of secondary errors.")
+comparisons of strings and byte arrays, including multi-byte character
+strings.  This can be useful in error messages, enabling the suggestion of
+likely valid alternatives.  In compilers, this can reduce the cascade of
+secondary errors.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public kodi
diff --git a/gnu/packages/linux.scm b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
index f5c7ab19c8..214dafafbd 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/linux.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/linux.scm
@@ -1616,9 +1616,10 @@ (define-public tuxedo-keyboard
      "This package provides the @code{tuxedo_keyboard}, @code{tuxedo_io},
 @code{clevo_wmi} @acronym{WMI, Windows Management Engine} and the
 @code{clevo_acpi} @acronym{ACPI, Advanced Configuration and Power Interface}
-kernel modules to control the keyboard on most Tuxedo computers. Only white
-backlight only models are currently not supported. The @code{tuxedo_io} module
-is also needed for the @code{tuxedo-control-center} (short tcc) package.")
+kernel modules to control the keyboard on most Tuxedo computers.  Only white
+backlight only models are currently not supported.  The @code{tuxedo_io}
+module is also needed for the @code{tuxedo-control-center} (short tcc)
+package.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public evdi
@@ -1682,7 +1683,7 @@ (define-public libevdi
     (description
      "Libevdi is a library that gives applications easy access to
 @acronym{EVDI, Extensible Virtual Display Interface} devices provided by the
-@code{evdi} driver package.  ")
+@code{evdi} driver package.")
     (license license:lgpl2.1)))
 
 (define-public ec
@@ -2502,7 +2503,7 @@ (define-public dwarves
 it can be used to further format a number of records.
 
 Finally, the @command{btfdiff} command can be used to compare the output of
-pahole from BTF and DWARF, to make sure they produce the same results. ")
+pahole from BTF and DWARF, to make sure they produce the same results.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public fbset
@@ -6642,7 +6643,7 @@ (define-public f2fs-fsck/static
     (home-page (package-home-page f2fs-tools/static))
     (synopsis "Statically-linked fsck.f2fs command from f2fs-tools")
     (description "This package provides statically-linked fsck.f2fs command taken
-from the f2fs-tools package. It is meant to be used in initrds.")
+from the f2fs-tools package.  It is meant to be used in initrds.")
     (license (package-license f2fs-tools/static))))
 
 (define-public freefall
@@ -7105,9 +7106,9 @@ (define-public perftest
      (list autoconf automake libtool))
     (inputs (list pciutils rdma-core))
     (synopsis "Open Fabrics Enterprise Distribution (OFED) Performance Tests")
-    (description "This is a collection of tests written over uverbs intended for
-use as a performance micro-benchmark. The tests may be used for hardware or
-software tuning as well as for functional testing.
+    (description "This is a collection of tests written over uverbs intended
+for use as a performance micro-benchmark.  The tests may be used for hardware
+or software tuning as well as for functional testing.
 
 The collection contains a set of bandwidth and latency benchmark such as:
 @enumerate
diff --git a/gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm
index 01306bef46..2ff3a3b06b 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/lisp-xyz.scm
@@ -3853,7 +3853,7 @@ (define-public sbcl-circular-streams
      (synopsis "Circularly readable streams for Common Lisp")
      (description
       "Circular-Streams allows you to read streams circularly by wrapping real
-streams. Once you reach end-of-file of a stream, it's file position will be
+streams.  Once you reach end-of-file of a stream, its file position will be
 reset to 0 and you're able to read it again.")
      (license license:llgpl))))
 
@@ -5972,7 +5972,7 @@ (define-public sbcl-cl-geometry
        "This is a system for two dimensional computational geometry for Common Lisp.
 
 Note: the system assumes exact rational arithmetic, so no floating point
-coordinates are allowed. This is not checked when creating geometric
+coordinates are allowed.  This is not checked when creating geometric
 objects.")
       ;; The .asd says BSD-style but the LICENSE.txt is expat.
       (license license:expat))))
@@ -6311,8 +6311,8 @@ (define-public sbcl-cl-grnm
       (description
        "These common lisp sources contain two variants of the Nelder-Mead
 algorithm.  The original algorithm and a provably convergent, reliable variant
-by A. Bürmen et al, called the
-@acronym{GRNMA, Grid Restrained Nelder Mead Algorithm}.")
+by A. Bürmen et al, called the @acronym{GRNMA, Grid Restrained Nelder Mead
+Algorithm}.")
       (home-page "https://github.com/quil-lang/cl-grnm")
       (license license:expat))))
 
@@ -22388,7 +22388,7 @@ (define-public sbcl-nasdf
 
 @itemize
 @item Simple way to fetch Git submodules and “do the right thing” for
-setup. This may effectively supersede Quicklisp. A benefit of using Git
+setup.  This may effectively supersede Quicklisp.  A benefit of using Git
 submodules over the default Quicklisp distribution is improved
 reproducibility.
 @item Test helpers, like distinction between offline and online tests, or
@@ -26857,7 +26857,7 @@ (define-public sbcl-sdl2kit
       (synopsis "Utility kit for CL-SDL2")
       (description
        "This is a utility kit for @code{cl-sdl2} that provides something similar to
-GLUT. However, it's also geared at being useful for \"real\" applications or
+GLUT.  However, it's also geared at being useful for \"real\" applications or
 games.")
       (license license:expat))))
 
@@ -27840,12 +27840,12 @@ (define-public emacs-slite
     (synopsis "SLIme-based TEst runner for FiveAM and Parachute Tests")
     (description
      "Slite interactively runs your Common Lisp tests (currently only FiveAM
-and Parachute are supported). It allows you to see the summary of test
+and Parachute are supported).  It allows you to see the summary of test
 failures, jump to test definitions, rerun tests with debugger all from inside
 Emacs.
 
 In order to work, this also requires the slite Common Lisp system to be
-present. See the code@{*cl-slite packages}.")))
+present.  See the code@{*cl-slite packages}.")))
 
 (define-public sbcl-slot-extra-options
   (let ((commit "29517d980325cd63744f1acf4cfe5c8ccec2b318"))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm b/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
index a3414c3751..c7d336b8b3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/machine-learning.scm
@@ -5948,18 +5948,18 @@ (define-public vosk-api
       (inputs (list kaldi openfst openblas))
       (home-page "https://alphacephei.com/vosk")
       (synopsis "Speech recognition toolkit based on @code{kaldi}")
-      (description "\
-This package provides a speech recognition toolkit based on @code{kaldi}.  It
-supports more than 20 languages and dialects - English, Indian English,
-German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian, Turkish, Vietnamese,
-Italian, Dutch, Catalan, Arabic, Greek, Farsi, Filipino, Ukrainian, Kazakh,
-Swedish, Japanese, Esperanto, Hindi, Czech, Polish. The program works offline,
-even on lightweight devices.  Portable per-language models are about 50Mb each,
-and there are much bigger and precise models available.
-
-Vosk API provides a streaming API allowing to use it `on-the-fly' and bindings
-for different programming languages.  It allows quick reconfiguration of
-vocabulary for better accuracy, and supports speaker identification beside
+      (description "This package provides a speech recognition toolkit based
+on @code{kaldi}.  It supports more than 20 languages and dialects - English,
+Indian English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Russian,
+Turkish, Vietnamese, Italian, Dutch, Catalan, Arabic, Greek, Farsi, Filipino,
+Ukrainian, Kazakh, Swedish, Japanese, Esperanto, Hindi, Czech, Polish.  The
+program works offline, even on lightweight devices.  Portable per-language
+models are about 50Mb each, and there are much bigger and precise models
+available.
+
+Vosk API provides a streaming API allowing to use it @emph{on-the-fly} and
+bindings for different programming languages.  It allows quick reconfiguration
+of vocabulary for better accuracy, and supports speaker identification beside
 simple speech recognition.")
       (license license:asl2.0))))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/messaging.scm b/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
index cb74f5f0b1..01361c6889 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/messaging.scm
@@ -217,7 +217,7 @@ (define-public biboumi
    (home-page "https://biboumi.louiz.org")
    (synopsis "XMPP gateway that connects to IRC")
    (description "Biboumi is a Free, Libre and Open Source XMPP gateway that connects to IRC
-servers and translates between the two protocols. Its goal is to let XMPP
+servers and translates between the two protocols.  Its goal is to let XMPP
 users take part in IRC discussions, using their favourite XMPP client.")
    (license license:zlib)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/music.scm b/gnu/packages/music.scm
index 77922d9576..4832f33f09 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/music.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/music.scm
@@ -4494,7 +4494,7 @@ (define-public sooperlooper
     (synopsis "Live looping sampler")
     (description
      "SooperLooper is a live looping sampler capable of immediate loop
-recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more. It allows for
+recording, overdubbing, multiplying, reversing and more.  It allows for
 multiple simultaneous multi-channel loops limited only by your computer's
 available memory.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
@@ -7947,11 +7947,10 @@ (define-public samplebrain
     (home-page "https://thentrythis.org/projects/samplebrain/")
     (synopsis "Sample mashing synthesizer designed by Aphex Twin")
     (description
-     "Samplebrain chops samples up into a 'brain' of
-interconnected small sections called blocks which are connected into a network
-by similarity.  It processes a target sample, chopping it up into blocks in
-the same way, and tries to match each block with one in its brain to play in
-realtime.")
+     "Samplebrain chops samples up into a 'brain' of interconnected small
+sections called blocks which are connected into a network by similarity.  It
+processes a target sample, chopping it up into blocks in the same way, and
+tries to match each block with one in its brain to play in realtime.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public le-biniou-data
diff --git a/gnu/packages/perl.scm b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
index dd7383c75a..773c8f8813 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/perl.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/perl.scm
@@ -5385,7 +5385,7 @@ (define-public perl-file-readbackwards
     (build-system perl-build-system)
     (home-page "https://metacpan.org/release/File-ReadBackwards")
     (synopsis "Read a file backwards by lines")
-    (description "This module reads a file backwards line by line. It is
+    (description "This module reads a file backwards line by line.  It is
 simple to use, memory efficient and fast.  It supports both an object and a
 tied handle interface.
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
index 2d6eff0892..f49794f3cd 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm
@@ -14772,7 +14772,7 @@ (define-public python-qnorm
     (native-inputs (list python-setuptools python-wheel python-toml))
     (home-page "https://github.com/Maarten-vd-Sande/qnorm")
     (synopsis "Quantile normalization")
-    (description "This tool implements quantile normalization. It properly
+    (description "This tool implements quantile normalization.  It properly
 resolves rank ties, which is important when ties happen frequently, such as
 when working with discrete numbers (integers) in count tables.  This
 implementation should be relatively fast, and can use multiple cores to sort
@@ -19940,7 +19940,7 @@ (define-public python-uncertainties
     (synopsis "Calculations with uncertainties")
     (description
      "The uncertainties package transparently handles calculations with
-numbers with uncertainties. It can also yield the derivatives of any
+numbers with uncertainties.  It can also yield the derivatives of any
 expression.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
 
@@ -37701,7 +37701,7 @@ (define-public python-sre-yield
     (synopsis "Expands a regular expression to its possible matches")
     (description
      "The goal of sre_yield is to efficiently generate all values that can
-match a given regular expression, or count possible matches efficiently. It
+match a given regular expression, or count possible matches efficiently.  It
 uses the parsed regular expression, so you get a much more accurate result
 than trying to just split strings.")
     (license license:asl2.0)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/qt.scm b/gnu/packages/qt.scm
index e51962e0a7..be6cae57bb 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/qt.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/qt.scm
@@ -4248,8 +4248,9 @@ (define-public python-pyqt6-sip
         (base32 "1m39znwza9yypyd93i5mxd9pbf6zn9qdajczpm953awwdlywyx1g"))))
     (synopsis "Sip module support for PyQt6")
     (description
-     "SIP is used to write self contained extension modules, i.e. without a library
-to be wrapped. This SIP extension module provides support for the PyQt6 package.")))
+     "SIP is used to write self contained extension modules, i.e. without a
+library to be wrapped.  This SIP extension module provides support for the
+PyQt6 package.")))
 
 (define-public python-pyqtwebengine
   (package
diff --git a/gnu/packages/rocm.scm b/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
index e883371928..dca3d58387 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/rocm.scm
@@ -306,9 +306,9 @@ (define-public rocm-bandwidth-test
     (home-page "https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/rocm_bandwidth_test")
     (synopsis "Bandwidth test for ROCm")
     (description "RocBandwidthTest is designed to capture the performance
-characteristics of buffer copying and kernel read/write operations. The help
+characteristics of buffer copying and kernel read/write operations.  The help
 screen of the benchmark shows various options one can use in initiating
-cop/read/writer operations.  In addition one can also query the topology of the
-system in terms of memory pools and their agents.")
+cop/read/writer operations.  In addition one can also query the topology of
+the system in terms of memory pools and their agents.")
     (license license:ncsa)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/scanner.scm b/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
index a2faaa2728..21e9506d11 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/scanner.scm
@@ -98,8 +98,8 @@ (define-public sane-airscan
 Any eSCL or WSD-capable scanner should just work.  sane-airscan automatically
 discovers and configures devices, including which protocol to use.  It was
 successfully tested with many devices from Brother, Canon, Dell, Kyocera,
-Lexmark, Epson, HP, OKI, Panasonic, Pantum, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox, with both
-WSD and eSCL.")
+Lexmark, Epson, HP, OKI, Panasonic, Pantum, Ricoh, Samsung, and Xerox, with
+both WSD and eSCL.")
     (license (list license:gpl2+        ; the combined work
                    license:expat))))    ; http_parser.[ch]
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/security-token.scm b/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
index 156a7d5e28..29e18a9cac 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/security-token.scm
@@ -413,9 +413,9 @@ (define-public pkcs11-helper
     (home-page "https://github.com/OpenSC/pkcs11-helper")
     (synopsis "Library that simplifies the interaction with PKCS#11 providers")
     (description
-     "Pkcs11-helper is a library that simplifies the interaction with
-PKCS#11 providers for end-user applications. PKCS#11 is published standard.
-PKCS#11 is the de-facto standard to access cryptographic devices")
+     "Pkcs11-helper is a library that simplifies the interaction with PKCS#11
+providers for end-user applications.  PKCS#11 is published standard.  PKCS#11
+is the de-facto standard to access cryptographic devices")
     (license (list license:gpl2 license:bsd-3))))

diff --git a/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm b/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
index dc6749af5c..740c4fab88 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/shellutils.scm
@@ -748,8 +748,8 @@ (define-public shell-functools
     (home-page "https://github.com/sharkdp/shell-functools/")
     (synopsis "Functional programming tools for the shell")
     (description "This package provides higher order functions like map,
-filter, foldl, sort_by and take_while as simple command-line tools. Following
-the UNIX philosophy, these commands are designed to be composed via pipes. A
+filter, foldl, sort_by and take_while as simple command-line tools.  Following
+the UNIX philosophy, these commands are designed to be composed via pipes.  A
 large collection of functions such as basename, replace, contains or is_dir
 are provided as arguments to these commands.")
     (license license:expat)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/tex.scm b/gnu/packages/tex.scm
index f5dd1243ab..f505b76093 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/tex.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/tex.scm
@@ -21938,7 +21938,7 @@ (define-public texlive-jablantile
     (synopsis "Metafont version of tiles in the style of Slavik Jablan")
     (description
      "This is a Metafont font to implement the modular tiles described by
-Slavik Jablan. ")
+Slavik Jablan.")
     (license license:public-domain)))
 
 (define-public texlive-jacow
@@ -31177,7 +31177,7 @@ (define-public texlive-pmhanguljamo
     (synopsis "Poor man's Hangul Jamo input method")
     (description
      "This package provides a Hangul transliteration input method that allows
-to typeset Korean letters (Hangul) using the proper fonts. The use of XeLaTeX
+to typeset Korean letters (Hangul) using the proper fonts.  The use of XeLaTeX
 is recommended.")
     (license license:lppl1.3+)))
 
@@ -39170,7 +39170,7 @@ (define-public texlive-urcls
      "The bundle provides a Beamer-derived class and a theme style file for
 the corporate design of the @acronym{UR, University of Regensburg}.  It also
 contains a @code{scrlttr2}-derived class for letters using the corporate
-design of the UR. Users may use the class itself (URbeamer) or use the theme
+design of the UR.  Users may use the class itself (URbeamer) or use the theme
 in the usual way with @code{\\usetheme@{UR@}}.")
     (license license:lppl)))
 
@@ -48882,7 +48882,7 @@ (define-public texlive-optexcount
     (synopsis "Python script for counting words in OpTeX documents")
     (description
      "OpTeXcount is a basic Python utility that analyzes OpTeX source code.
-It is inspired by already existing TeXcount for LaTeX. The functionality is
+It is inspired by already existing TeXcount for LaTeX.  The functionality is
 really lightweight and basic.  It counts words and other elements of OpTeX
 document and sorts them out into individual categories.  Users can print the
 source code with highlighted words using several colors, so they see what is
@@ -49028,7 +49028,7 @@ (define-public texlive-pdfjam
     (description
      "The package makes available the @command{pdfjam} shell script that
 provides a simple interface to much of the functionality of the excellent
-@code{pdfpages} package for LaTeX. The @command{pdfjam} script takes one or
+@code{pdfpages} package for LaTeX.  The @command{pdfjam} script takes one or
 more PDF files (and/or JPG/PNG graphics files) as input, and produces one or
 more PDF files as output.  It is useful for joining files together, selecting
 pages, reducing several source pages onto one output page, etc.")
@@ -75713,7 +75713,7 @@ (define-public texlive-pst-geo
 @code{pst-map2d} provides conventional projections such as Mercator, Lambert,
 cylindrical, etc.  The package @code{pst-map3d} treats representation in three
 dimensions of the terrestrial sphere.  Packages @code{pst-map2dII} and
-@code{pst-map3dII} allow use of the CIA World DataBank II. Various parameters
+@code{pst-map3dII} allow use of the CIA World DataBank II.  Various parameters
 of the packages allow for choice of the level of the detail and the layouts
 possible (cities, borders, rivers etc).  Substantial data files are provided,
 in an (internally) compressed format.  Decompression happens on-the-fly as
@@ -108071,20 +108071,20 @@ (define-public texlive-keyfloat
     (home-page "https://ctan.org/pkg/keyfloat")
     (synopsis "Provides a key/value interface for generating floats")
     (description
-     "The @code{keyfloat} package provides a key/value user interface for quickly
-creating figures with a single image each, figures with arbitrary contents,
-tables, subfloats, rows of floats, floats located ``here'', floats in the
-margin, and floats with text wrapped around them.  Key/value combinations may
-specify a caption and label, a width proportional to @code{\\linewidth},
-a fixed width and/or height, rotation, scaling, a tight or loose frame, an
-@code{\\arraystretch}, a continued float, additional supplemental text, and an
-artist/author's name with automatic index entry.  When used with the
-@code{tocdata} package, the name also appears in the list of figures.  Floats
-may be placed into a @code{row} environment, and are typeset to fit within the
-given number of columns, continuing to the next row if necessary.  Nested
-sub-rows may be used to generate layouts such as two small figures placed
-vertically next to one larger figure.  Subfloats are supported by two
-environments.")
+     "The @code{keyfloat} package provides a key/value user interface for
+quickly creating figures with a single image each, figures with arbitrary
+contents, tables, subfloats, rows of floats, floats located @emph{here},
+floats in the margin, and floats with text wrapped around them.  Key/value
+combinations may specify a caption and label, a width proportional to
+@code{\\linewidth}, a fixed width and/or height, rotation, scaling, a tight or
+loose frame, an @code{\\arraystretch}, a continued float, additional
+supplemental text, and an artist/author's name with automatic index entry.
+When used with the @code{tocdata} package, the name also appears in the list
+of figures.  Floats may be placed into a @code{row} environment, and are
+typeset to fit within the given number of columns, continuing to the next row
+if necessary.  Nested sub-rows may be used to generate layouts such as two
+small figures placed vertically next to one larger figure.  Subfloats are
+supported by two environments.")
     (license license:lppl1.3+)))
 
 (define-public texlive-keyindex
@@ -110618,10 +110618,10 @@ (define-public texlive-marginfit
     (home-page "https://ctan.org/pkg/marginfit")
     (synopsis "Improved margin notes")
     (description
-     "This package fixes various bugs with the margin paragraph implementation of
-LaTeX. Those bugs include margin notes that are attached to the wrong side as
-well as those that stick out of the bottom of the page.  This package provides
-a drop-in replacement solution.")
+     "This package fixes various bugs with the margin paragraph implementation
+of LaTeX.  Those bugs include margin notes that are attached to the wrong side
+as well as those that stick out of the bottom of the page.  This package
+provides a drop-in replacement solution.")
     (license license:lppl1.3+)))
 
 (define-public texlive-mathexam
@@ -114580,7 +114580,7 @@ (define-public texlive-pas-tableur
     (synopsis "Create a spreadsheet layout")
     (description
      "The package provides commands for creating a grid of rectangles, and commands
-for populating locations in the grid. PGF/TikZ is used for placement and
+for populating locations in the grid.  PGF/TikZ is used for placement and
 population of the cells.")
     (license license:lppl)))
 
diff --git a/gnu/packages/textutils.scm b/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
index 4ac056581a..01248c28b0 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/textutils.scm
@@ -703,7 +703,8 @@ (define-public catdoc
     (synopsis "MS-Word to TeX or plain text converter")
     (description "@command{catdoc} extracts text from MS-Word files, trying to
 preserve as many special printable characters as possible.  It supports
-everything up to Word-97. Also supported are MS Write documents and RTF files.
+everything up to Word-97.  Also supported are MS Write documents and RTF
+files.
 
 @command{catdoc} does not preserve complex word formatting, but it can
 translate some non-ASCII characters into TeX escape codes.  It's goal is to
diff --git a/gnu/packages/tor.scm b/gnu/packages/tor.scm
index 421f6733f8..c16a081522 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/tor.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/tor.scm
@@ -131,7 +131,7 @@ (define-public tor
 applications based on the TCP protocol.
 
 This package is the full featured @code{tor} which is needed for running
-relays, bridges or directory authorities. If you just want to access the Tor
+relays, bridges or directory authorities.  If you just want to access the Tor
 network or to setup an onion service you may install @code{tor-client}
 instead.")
     (license license:bsd-3)))
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
index ffbfd0fc3c..792496067c 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xdisorg.scm
@@ -2420,10 +2420,10 @@ (define-public xftwidth
     (home-page "https://github.com/vixus0/xftwidth")
     (synopsis "Calculator for determining pixel widths of displayed text using Xft fonts")
     (description "xftwidth is a small C program for calculating the pixel
-widths of displayed text using Xft fonts. It is especially useful in scripts
+widths of displayed text using Xft fonts.  It is especially useful in scripts
 for displaying text in graphical panels, menus, popups, and notification
-windows generated using dzen. These scripts are often used in conjunction with
-minimalistic tiling window managers such as herbstluftwm and bspwm.")
+windows generated using dzen.  These scripts are often used in conjunction
+with minimalistic tiling window managers such as herbstluftwm and bspwm.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
 (define-public xcb-util-xrm
@@ -3148,7 +3148,7 @@ (define-public xwallpaper
     (synopsis "Wallpaper setting utility for X")
     (description
      "The xwallpaper utility allows you to set image files as your X
-wallpaper. JPEG, PNG, and XPM file formats are supported.
+wallpaper.  JPEG, PNG, and XPM file formats are supported.
 
 The wallpaper is also advertised to programs which support semi-transparent
 backgrounds.")
diff --git a/gnu/packages/xfce.scm b/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
index 2f6041cc9b..9a7c1fda75 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/xfce.scm
@@ -1680,8 +1680,8 @@ (define-public xfce4-volumed-pulse
     (home-page "https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-volumed-pulse")
     (synopsis "XFCE volume keys daemon")
     (description
-     "This is a volume keys control daemon for Xfce Desktop environment. It controls
- the volume using multimedia keys. It also provides volume change notifications.")
+     "This is a volume keys control daemon for Xfce Desktop environment.  It controls
+ the volume using multimedia keys.  It also provides volume change notifications.")
     (license gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
-- 
2.46.0