Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Lint synopses.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2024 12:37:16 +0100

On Tue, Dec 10, 2024 at 11:08:20PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> Thanks! I think that alone cleared around 200 guix lint warnings!
More than that - with my cleaning efforts, i also improved our linter,
since there were LOTS of false positives (or, the linter was just not
really up to the de facto standards in our codebase) - so i eliminated
the vast majority of lint warnings [0]

> I used guix.git/etc/committer.scm to help format the oh-so-verbose
> commit messages, and then squashed the resulting individual patches into
> several grouped semi-related patches, although it required a lot of
> massaging to get it "right". Clearly I had to make it hard on myself. :)
I didn't know about that script!  And also I had no idea what the
simplest format for all those changes would have been - maybe i
should've asked in advance (: Grouping them by family definitely makes
sense.

Thanks for merging,
g

[0] https://issues.guix.gnu.org/74459