Subject: [bug#74329] [PATCH v3 7/8] gnu: Replace quotations with texinfo markup in R packages.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2025 11:21:26 +0100

* gnu/packages/cran.scm (r-systemfonts, r-rstan, r-iml, r-survminer,
r-aws-signature): Fix description.

Change-Id: Ibf51cfca3b43336b2fcbe00008cc25d74a10368d
---
 gnu/packages/cran.scm | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/cran.scm b/gnu/packages/cran.scm
index 98597e3bbe..4ed69efbaf 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/cran.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/cran.scm
@@ -31076,9 +31076,9 @@ (define-public r-systemfonts
     (description
      "This package provides system native access to the font catalogue.  As
 font handling varies between systems it is difficult to correctly locate
-installed fonts across different operating systems.  The 'systemfonts' package
-provides bindings to the native libraries for finding font files that can then
-be used further by e.g. graphic devices.")
+installed fonts across different operating systems.  The @code{systemfonts}
+package provides bindings to the native libraries for finding font files that
+can then be used further by e.g. graphic devices.")
     (license license:expat)))
 
 (define-public r-graphlayouts
@@ -36713,7 +36713,7 @@ (define-public r-rstan
 and analyze Stan models by accessing the header-only Stan library provided by
 the StanHeaders package.  The Stan project develops a probabilistic
 programming language that implements full Bayesian statistical inference via
-Markov Chain Monte Carlo, rough Bayesian inference via 'variational'
+Markov Chain Monte Carlo, rough Bayesian inference via @emph{variational}
 approximation, and (optionally penalized) maximum likelihood estimation via
 optimization.  In all three cases, automatic differentiation is used to
 quickly and accurately evaluate gradients without burdening the user with the
@@ -38563,9 +38563,9 @@ (define-public r-iml
 @item Feature importance described by Fisher et al. (2018),
 @item accumulated local effects plots described by Apley (2018),
 @item partial dependence plots described by Friedman (2001),
-@item individual conditional expectation ('ice') plots described by Goldstein
-  et al. (2013) @url{https://doi.org/10.1080/10618600.2014.907095},
-@item local models (variant of 'lime') described by Ribeiro et. al (2016),
+@item @acronym{ICE, individual conditional expectation} plots described by
+Goldstein et al. (2013) @url{https://doi.org/10.1080/10618600.2014.907095},
+@item local models (variant of @emph{lime}) described by Ribeiro et. al (2016),
 @item the Shapley Value described by Strumbelj et. al (2014)
   @url{https://doi.org/10.1007/s10115-013-0679-x},
 @item feature interactions described by Friedman et. al
@@ -39644,10 +39644,10 @@ (define-public r-survminer
     (synopsis "Drawing survival curves using ggplot2")
     (description
      "This package contains the function @code{ggsurvplot()} for easily
-drawing beautiful and 'ready-to-publish' survival curves with the 'number at
-risk' table and 'censoring count plot'.  Other functions are also available to
-plot adjusted curves for Cox model and to visually examine Cox model
-assumptions.")
+drawing beautiful and @emph{ready-to-publish} survival curves with the
+@emph{number at risk} table and @emph{censoring count plot}.  Other functions
+are also available to plot adjusted curves for Cox model and to visually
+examine Cox model assumptions.")
     (license license:gpl2)))
 
 (define-public r-forge
@@ -41490,7 +41490,7 @@ (define-public r-aws-signature
      "This package generates version 2 and 4 request signatures for Amazon Web
 Services (AWS) and provides a mechanism for retrieving credentials from
 environment variables, AWS credentials files, and EC2 instance metadata.  For
-use on EC2 instances, the package 'aws.ec2metadata' is suggested.")
+use on EC2 instances, the package @emph{aws.ec2metadata} is suggested.")
     (license license:gpl2+)))
 
 (define-public r-aws-s3
-- 
2.46.0