Subject: [PATCH 08/10] gnu: Fix whitespace issues in Emacs package descriptions.

From: Gabriel Wicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2025 22:24:02 +0100

This mainly addresses `double-space after sentence end period' and `trailing
white space' issues.

* gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm (emacs-bookmark-plus, emacs-dhall-mode,
emacs-aio, emacs-ligature, emacs-gdscript-mode, emacs-epithet, emacs-flx,
emacs-gnosis, emacs-citar-org-roam, emacs-trashed, emacs-ivy-hydra,
emacs-citre, emacs-waveform): Fix description.

Change-Id: I1b2690e1d1440fde57498e5bf37f641d0011a098
---
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm | 61 +++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 1 file changed, 30 insertions(+), 31 deletions(-)

diff --git a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
index 1d7851fd1b..98553efaf3 100644
--- a/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
+++ b/gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm
@@ -454,7 +454,7 @@ (define-public emacs-bookmark-plus
     (synopsis "Extensions to the Bookmark library in Emacs")
     (description
      "Bookmarks are a powerful Emacs feature.  This package makes them even
-more versatile. You can bookmark many more kinds of data.  You can add tags.
+more versatile.  You can bookmark many more kinds of data.  You can add tags.
 There are many more ways to organize and display your bookmarks.  I recommend
 reading the extensive documentation about BookmarkPlus on the Emacs Wiki.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -4682,7 +4682,7 @@ (define-public emacs-dhall-mode
       (synopsis "Major mode for working with Dhall configuration language")
       (description
        "Dhall-mode provides an Emacs Major mode for working with the Dhall
-configuration language. It features:
+configuration language.  It features:
 
 @itemize
 @item Syntax highlighting
@@ -4787,10 +4787,10 @@ (define-public emacs-aio
      (list emacs-elfeed emacs-skewer-mode))
     (home-page "https://github.com/skeeto/emacs-aio")
     (synopsis "Async/Await for Emacs Lisp")
-    (description "@code{aio} is to Emacs Lisp as @code{asyncio} is to
-Python. This package builds upon Emacs generators to provide functions that
-pause while they wait on asynchronous events.  They do not block any thread
-while paused.")
+    (description "@code{aio} is to Emacs Lisp as @code{asyncio} is to Python.
+This package builds upon Emacs generators to provide functions that pause
+while they wait on asynchronous events.  They do not block any thread while
+paused.")
     (license license:unlicense)))
 
 (define-public emacs-async
@@ -6687,11 +6687,11 @@ (define-public emacs-ligature
       (home-page "https://github.com/mickeynp/ligature.el")
       (synopsis "Typographic ligatures in Emacs")
       (description
-       "This package maps ordinary graphemes (characters) to fancy
-ligatures, if both your version of Emacs and the font supports it.  With this
-package you can control where Emacs must display ligatures. That is useful if
-you only want a subset of the ligatures in certain major modes, for instance,
-or if you want to ensure that some modes have no ligatures at all.")
+       "This package maps ordinary graphemes (characters) to fancy ligatures,
+if both your version of Emacs and the font supports it.  With this package you
+can control where Emacs must display ligatures.  That is useful if you only
+want a subset of the ligatures in certain major modes, for instance, or if you
+want to ensure that some modes have no ligatures at all.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-olivetti
@@ -7348,7 +7348,7 @@ (define-public emacs-gdscript-mode
     (synopsis "GDScript support and syntax highlighting in Emacs")
     (description
      "This package adds support for the GDScript programming language from the
-Godot game engine in Emacs. It features all the essentials, e.g., syntax
+Godot game engine in Emacs.  It features all the essentials, e.g., syntax
 highlighting, code folding, indentation, automatic pairing, auto-completion,
 and code formatting.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -15845,11 +15845,11 @@ (define-public emacs-epithet
       (home-page "https://github.com/oantolin/epithet")
       (synopsis "Rename Emacs buffers with descriptive names")
       (description
-       "This package provides a function---@code{epithet-rename-buffer}---to rename
-the current buffer with a descriptive name. The name suggestion is governed by
-the @code{epithet-suggesters} hook variable: each hook should return either a
-name suggestion or @code{nil}, they are called in turn and the first non-nil
-suggestion is taken.")
+       "This package provides a function---@code{epithet-rename-buffer}---to
+rename the current buffer with a descriptive name.  The name suggestion is
+governed by the @code{epithet-suggesters} hook variable: each hook should
+return either a name suggestion or @code{nil}, they are called in turn and the
+first non-nil suggestion is taken.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-eterm-256color
@@ -18501,7 +18501,7 @@ (define-public emacs-flx
      "Flx provides fuzzy matching for emacs a la sublime text.
 The sorting algorithm is a balance between word beginnings (abbreviation)
 and contiguous matches (substring).  The longer the substring match,
-the higher it scores. This maps well to how we think about matching.
+the higher it scores.  This maps well to how we think about matching.
 Flx has support for ido (interactively do things) through flx-ido.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
@@ -25472,11 +25472,10 @@ (define-public emacs-citar-org-roam
     (propagated-inputs (list emacs-citar emacs-org-roam))
     (home-page "https://github.com/emacs-citar/citar-org-roam")
     (synopsis "Emacs package to provide tighter Citar and Org-Roam integration")
-    (description "\
-Out-of-box, Citar provides default support for file-per-note bibliographic
-notes that are compatible with Org-Roam v2.  This package integrates directly
-with the Org-Roam database, and provides the following additional features to
-Citar note support:
+    (description "Out-of-box, Citar provides default support for file-per-note
+bibliographic notes that are compatible with Org-Roam v2.  This package
+integrates directly with the Org-Roam database, and provides the following
+additional features to Citar note support:
 @itemize
 @item multiple references per note
 @item multiple reference notes per file
@@ -39195,8 +39194,8 @@ (define-public emacs-trashed
     (synopsis "View and edit system trash can in Emacs")
     (description "Open, view, browse, restore or permanently delete trashed
 files or directories in trash can with Dired-like look and feel.  The trash
-can has to be compliant with freedesktop.org. In Emacs, you can trash files by
-deleting them with @code{(setq delete-by-moving-to-trash t)}.  This package
+can has to be compliant with freedesktop.org.  In Emacs, you can trash files
+by deleting them with @code{(setq delete-by-moving-to-trash t)}.  This package
 provides a simple but convenient user interface to manage those trashed
 files.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
@@ -40512,9 +40511,9 @@ (define-public emacs-ivy-hydra
     (home-page "https://github.com/abo-abo/swiper")
     (synopsis "Additional key bindings for Ivy")
     (description
-     "This package provides the `hydra-ivy/body' command, which is a
-quasi-prefix map, with many useful bindings.  These bindings are
-shorter than usual, using mostly unprefixed keys.")
+     "This package provides the @command{hydra-ivy/body} command, which is a
+quasi-prefix map, with many useful bindings.  These bindings are shorter than
+usual, using mostly unprefixed keys.")
     (license license:gpl3+)))
 
 (define-public emacs-cwl-mode
@@ -40990,7 +40989,7 @@ (define-public emacs-citre
     (synopsis "Ctags IDE on Emacs")
     (description
      "Citre is an advanced Ctags (or actually, readtags) frontend for
-Emacs. It offers Completion At Point, Xref and Imenu integration.  It also
+Emacs.  It offers Completion At Point, Xref and Imenu integration.  It also
 provides a Completing Read UI for jumping to definition and a powerful code
 reading tool that lets you go down the rabbit hole without leaving current
 buffer.")
@@ -41917,8 +41916,8 @@ (define-public emacs-waveform
       (home-page "https://github.com/sachac/waveform-el/")
       (synopsis "Display a waveform and use it to navigate")
       (description
-       "This package displays a waveform of a sound file. You can then play or
-navigate through it.")
+       "This package displays a waveform of a sound file.  You can then play
+or navigate through it.")
       (license license:gpl3+))))
 
 (define-public emacs-project-x
-- 
2.46.0