Subject: bug#7432: 24.0.50; Display change

From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 14:27:39 +0900

In article <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] writes:

> I use the following:
>   (setq gnus-summary-line-format "%8{%4k│%}%9{%U%R%z%}%8{│%}%*%(%-23,23f%)%7{║%} %6{%B%} %s\n"
> 	gnus-summary-dummy-line-format "    %8{│%}   %(%8{│%}                       %7{║%}%) %6{┏○%}  %S\n"
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-indent " "
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-root "┏● " 
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-false-root " ○ "
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-indent " ● "
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-leaf-with-other "┣━━❯ " 
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-vertical "┃"
> 	gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-leaf "┗━━❯ ")

> Instead of seeing a box for `gnus-sum-thread-tree-leaf-with-other`
> and `gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-leaf', I now see a box with
> the characters "27" "6F" ("27" is on top of "6F").

> How do I get the empty box back?

Emacs now displays the Unicode hex-code for characters of no
font.  If you always want to see empty box for such
characters, please do:

(setq glyphless-char-display-control
      '((format-control . thin-space) (no-font . empty-box)))
(update-glyphless-char-display)

Or, if you want to see empty box only for U+276F, do:

(aset glyphless-char-display #x276F 'empty-box)

Please note that we may change these interfaces for
improvement in a near feature.

By the way, why do you specify the character U+276F for
which you don't have a font?

---
Kenichi Handa
[email-masked]