Subject: Re: bug#7432: 24.0.50; Display change

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:10:00 -0500

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 23:49:43 -0500
> Cc: 
> 
> Instead of seeing a box for `gnus-sum-thread-tree-leaf-with-other`
> and `gnus-sum-thread-tree-single-leaf', I now see a box with
> the characters "27" "6F" ("27" is on top of "6F").
> 
> How do I get the empty box back?

By reading NEWS:

  ** Enhanced support for characters that have no glyphs in available fonts
  If a character has no glyphs in any of the available fonts, Emacs by
  default will display it either as a hexadecimal code in a box or as a
  thin 1-pixel space.  In addition to these two methods, Emacs can
  display these characters as empty box, as an acronym, or not display
  them at all.  To change how these characters are displayed, customize
  the variable `glyphless-char-display-control'.

  On character terminals these methods are used for characters that
  cannot be encoded by the `terminal-coding-system'.

I'm closing this bug report.