Subject: RE: [bug#74315] [PATCH 0/1] gnu: Add ptouch-print.

From: Fredrik Salomonsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2025 16:54:08 +0000

Hi Sharlatan,

Sorry I missed your question, for some reason I didn't get the email.

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> I started reviewing you patch, just a question of interest why commit
> and not git tag?
>
> +(define-public ptouch-print
> +  (let ((commit "740b20e150e030aa2e75086d1202064f9c4c4090")
> +        (revision "0"))
>
> There is a fresh one
> https://git.familie-radermacher.ch/linux/ptouch-print.git/tag/?h=v1.6

It seems to be just bad timing on my part.  As I'd packaged this in my
own channel 2024 October 26 — at that time it was just the v1.5 tag from
three years ago so I opted for the latest commit.  I tested it in my
channel to see if it was working then ported it to the main Guix
channel.  It seems that the tag was created about a week after I created
the package in my channel.  And I forgot to check the repository when I
ported it to guix.

I'll update the patch to use the tag instead, should be in a few hours
or so.

And thank you Steve for the reminder!

-- 
s/Fred[re]+i[ck]+/Fredrik/g