Subject: Re: bug#74312: 31.0.50; Cygw32 build break

From: Kazuhiro Ito <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 19:59:27 +0900

> > Dropping multiple files or text works the same as MingW build except
> > files and directories with non-ascii name.  When I dragged such files
> > in Emacs frame, mouse cursor changed into red NO ENTRY SIGN (U+1F6AB)
> > and no response for dropping.
> 
> I guess I didn't understand how are file names dropped into a Cygwin
> program encoded?  Are they in UTF-8, per chance?  I assumed that in
> the Cygw32 build they will be in UTF-16, like for native Windows
> programs, but maybe that is wrong?  Or maybe we should do something on
> Cygwin to announce that we support dropping files?

Ah, sorry, I misinterpretted the result. Cygw32 Emacs can handles
non-ascii filename like as MinGW build.

Both Emacsen may fail to handle dropped files if I do drag-n-drop
files very quickly.  I confirmed Microsoft Photo application on
Windows 11.  And, once Emacs failed to handle drop event, it keeps
ignoring dropping files or text event.

-- 
Kazuhiro Ito