Subject: Re: bug#74309: No etags found in bin/ 29.3

From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 08:21:00 -0600

On Mon, Nov 11, 2024 at 6:43 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2024 08:08:58 +0000
> > From: [email-masked]
> >
> > On windows it seems the etags binary is missing with the 29.3
> > distribution. It's OK for me, I can use the one from 29.2, but I thought
> > I should mention it.
> >
> > I am pretty sure the installer I used was this:
> > https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/emacs-29/emacs-29.3-installer.exe.sig
>
> Adding Corwin.
>

Tomas,

Thank you for reporting this problem!  I plan to look at this today
after work (my day is now just starting, as I write).

If it is convenient for you, it would be helpful if you can confirm
this problem exists with the (slightly more current) Emacs 29.4
binaries and (perhaps more importantly) with the binaries for the
prerelease 30.0.92 set.

Your report is timely, as I believe we are to have a shiny new 30.1
version of Emacs, thus a new set of binaries, rather soon. It seems
possible, thanks to your report, we might be able to correct this
defect with the Windows binaries for that release.

Thank you again.
Corwin