Subject: bug#74303: closed (Re: bug#74303: A bug in ispell-buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2025 01:13:03 +0000

Your bug report

#74303: A bug in ispell-buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74303: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74303
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74303: A bug in ispell-buffer
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Boyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2025 19:12:15 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> tags 74303 + moreinfo
> thanks
>
> Robert Boyer <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ispell-buffer causes an error on Dvořák
>>
>> I was using ;;; coding: utf-8     ;;;
>>
>> I never know what I am doing.
>>
>> With very highest regards,
>
> Could you please provide a step-by-step recipe for reproducing this bug,
> preferably on a recent version of Emacs, starting from "emacs -Q"?

More information was requested, but none was given within 7 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.

If this is still an issue, please reply to this email (use "Reply to
all" in your email client) and we can reopen the bug report.

Subject: A bug in ispell-buffer
From: Robert Boyer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 16:58:04 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dearest Great Emacs Folks,

Ispell-buffer causes an error on Dvořák

I was using ;;; coding: utf-8     ;;;

I never know what I am doing.

With very highest regards,

Bob

P. S.  Here is a musical reward:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxtAHpYIXdU

P. P. S.

Here is my working directory:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UoCT8YaisJBE-deMYJ8n1VE1rNg6K_MW?usp=drive_link

The file 0README.txt has more about me than you probably care to know.

My favorite quotation comes from Julian of Norwich. She was told: All manner
of thing shall be well. I hope and pray that she was well informed.

to take away the possibility of the vision of the divine essence by man is
to
take away happiness itself -- Aquinas

Therefore Mind thinks itself, if it is that which is best; and its thinking
is a thinking of thinking. -- Aristotle

To a first approximation, every computer in the world is connected with
every
other computer. -- Bob Morris, chief scientist of the National Computer
Security Center of the NSA

Is an explanation for the irrational support for Trump addiction or
stupidity?

Any piece of computer software is nothing but an integer. It is clearly
unconstitutional, under the First Amendment, for the US government to ban
the
publication of an integer.

For What It's Worth, the song that eventually ended the War in Vietnam:
  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp5JCrSXkJY
Step out of line, the man come and take you away.

Whenever I send email, I imagine I am cc'ing the NYT.

If you have $16,777,216.00 in a bank account and add a dollar, your account
may not grow! Wouldn't that be against some law? Proof by SBCL:
(defparameter y 16777216.0)
(equal y (+ y 1))  => T

I used to wonder how the German people ignored The Holocaust. Now I know.
Thanks to Google, etc., no one has any excuse. They know. They just don't
care. Step out of line, the man come and take you away.

If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well
It were done quickly. -- Shakespeare

Building 7 Collapse Video:  https://www.bitchute.com/video/4BS7J6KQHz97

Believe that a person may be paid to do anything legal? Not so. It is
illegal
to pay someone to register or to vote.

The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell
of
heaven ― John Milton, Paradise Lost

And malt does more than Milton can
To justify God's ways to man.
Ale, man, ale's the stuff to drink
For fellows whom it hurts to think:
Look into the pewter pot
To see the world as the world's not.
  -- A. E. Houseman

δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν. Those being
preeminent achieve what is possible and the weak acquiesce to it. --
Thucydides, 'Melian Dialogue', book 5, chapter 89, History of the
Peloponnesian War

Most important perhaps are the Ten Commandments, the Golden Rule, and two
phrases from the Delphic Oracle: 1. Know Thyself -- γνῶθι σεαυτόν 2. Give a
pledge and trouble is at hand -- Ἐγγύα πάρα δ' Ἄτα

"whoever enters the White House, even with good intentions to safeguard the
peoples' interest, is no more than a train operator. His only task is to
keep
the train on the tracks that are laid down by the lobbyists in New York and
Washington to serve their interests first" -- Guess who wrote that.

What's done in the dark will be brought to the light,
Go tell that long-tongued liar, God's gonna cut him down -- Johnny Cash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJlN9jdQFSc

Freedom's just another word for nothin left to lose. -- Kris Kristofferson
sung by Janis Joplin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfjon-ZTqzU

Κύριε, ἐλέησον
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI3_-SpgR-s

He was essentially telling the Senators that he, as head of the CIA,
understood that he had been working for the Crown, and not the Constitution.
-- Sy Hersh

If P, then P. If any number is prime, then any number is prime. If any law
is
unconstitutional, then any law is unconstitutional. -- Bob Boyer,
[email-masked]

The Nqthm file 'proveall.lisp' in infix:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2yFYLn0Spf1ajY5OHFyQ0J4YTg/view?usp=drive_link&resourcekey=0-vwIVZLWV1rtrG7TQDXEz_g

American legislators often 'reserve' the right to revise and extend their
remarks. May all of us? Imagine you are sitting down to be sworn in to give
testimony and you say to the judge "I will say nothing more unless you agree
that I have the right to revise and extend my remarks. I am so feeble, my
speech is unreliable."

All that you have is your soul -- Tracy Chapman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoNtYC_XDC8