Subject: [bug#74296] [PATCH 0/1] Fix abi mismatch error on boot for cross-compiled images

From: Christoph Buck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 13:45:49 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Woow, thanks for the investigation & explanation!

Your are welcome :) I usually keep notes during investigation of bugs
and append them to my patches. This keeps my train of thought
transparent and makes it easier for others to follow along or spot
obvious errors on my side. However, it can get a little bit noisy. So
let met now if i should "keep it done" more.

> Capping at 32-bits means that potentially some ABI changes could go
> unnoticed, but that’s extremely unlikely if the hash function is good
> enough.

Yes, but this problem exits for 32bit builds in general.

> I believe the ABI break is fine too: developers will have to
> “make clean-go && make”, but that’s okay.

Good to know.

-- 
Best regards

Christoph