Subject: Re: bug#74287: [PATCH] Rework history Isearch for Eshell

From: James Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2024 15:11:48 +0530

Jim Porter wrote:

> On 11/9/2024 5:22 PM, Pengji Zhang wrote:
>> Hello,
>> This patch brings a comint-like interface for history Isearch to
>> Eshell.
>> To try it, type 'M-r' in Eshell, and search through the input history
>> ring incrementally.
>
> From inspection, this code all looks good to me. At least, it matches
> what Comint does; I don't know much about Isearch's implementation, so
> I'm just trusting that Comint is right here. Since this is a
> somewhat-large patch, I'm going to try and find some time this week to
> test it out so that I understand how it all works, and assuming I
> don't find any major problems, I'll merge it shortly after that.

My 2c: I now think it's better to hold out for something with way less
code, using capf.

--