Subject: bug#74280: closed (Re: Bad Kernel config?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 20:45:03 +0000

Your bug report

#74280: Bad Kernel config?

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74280: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74280
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Bad Kernel config?
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
Cc: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 15:44:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Fixed with commit 9cdcfb52ace77fe3b497b21deb639a3027ff02f0

Subject: Bad Kernel config?
From: Dariqq <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Wilko Meyer <[email-masked]>, Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2024 15:18:10 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

(CC-ing the kernel team)

I was looking through /var/log/messages and found this message there

**************************************************************
**     NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE     **
**                                                          **
** CONFIG_DRM_I915_REPLAY_GPU_HANGS_API builds are intended **
** for specific userspace graphics stack developers only!   **
**                                                          **
** If you are seeing this message please report this to the **
** provider of your kernel build.                           **
**                                                          **
**     NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE     **
**************************************************************

judging by this message I don't think this should be enabled by default?