Subject: bug#74250: emacs-guix: guix-pull invalid input error

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 14:06:21 -0500

Christopher Howard <[email-masked]> writes:

> I discovered that if I go to Gnome console, set the GUILE_LOAD_PATH
> appropriately for the emacs-guix scheme code, run «,re (emacs-guix),»
> and then run (guix-command "pull") that the pull completes without any
> issues.

Out of curiosity, does the below raise an assertion error for you when
GUILE_LOAD_PATH is _not_ set "appropriately"?

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (let ((guile-load-path (split-string (getenv "GUILE_LOAD_PATH") ":")))
      (dolist (suffix '("guix/current/share/guile/site/3.0"
                        ;; <https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]/msg13819.html>
                        "guix-module-union/share/guile/site/3.0"))
        (cl-assert (cl-some (lambda (x)
                              (string-suffix-p suffix x))
                            guile-load-path))))
#+end_src

-- 
Suhail