Subject: bug#74247: "bug" on Guix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 21:28:17 +0100

Well, this "bug" is probably not a bug, because I've consistently 
reproduced it with my config, initing my system from 2 recent iso's, and 
also from the 1.4.0 iso, and got the exact same errors running _guix 
pull_ with 3 different guix binaries. So I'm starting to think it's 
something related to my setup, however I have no clue in how to 
investigate it, so this issue really is only a ask for directions to 
investigate and, possibly, fix it.

My config can be found in https://codeberg.org/anemofilia/zero

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Updating channel 'radix' from Git repository at 
'https://codeberg.org/anemofilia/radix.git'...
Building from these channels:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    2a6d964
   radix     https://codeberg.org/anemofilia/radix.git    de278dd
Backtrace:
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    222:29 19 (map1 (((gnu packages check)) ((gnu packages curl)) ((gnu 
packages databases)) ((gnu packages #)) (#) ?))
    222:29 18 (map1 (((gnu packages curl)) ((gnu packages databases)) 
((gnu packages documentation)) ((gnu # #)) (#) ?))
    222:29 17 (map1 (((gnu packages databases)) ((gnu packages 
documentation)) ((gnu packages compression)) ((# ?)) ?))
    222:29 16 (map1 (((gnu packages documentation)) ((gnu packages 
compression)) ((gnu packages crypto)) ((gnu # ?)) ?))
    222:29 15 (map1 (((gnu packages compression)) ((gnu packages crypto)) 
((gnu packages datastructures)) ((gnu ?)) ?))
    222:29 14 (map1 (((gnu packages crypto)) ((gnu packages 
datastructures)) ((gnu packages elf)) ((gnu packages ?)) ?))
    222:29 13 (map1 (((gnu packages datastructures)) ((gnu packages elf)) 
((gnu packages flex)) ((gnu packages #)) # ?))
    222:29 12 (map1 (((gnu packages elf)) ((gnu packages flex)) ((gnu 
packages freedesktop)) ((gnu packages gcc)) # ?))
    222:29 11 (map1 (((gnu packages flex)) ((gnu packages freedesktop)) 
((gnu packages gcc)) ((gnu packages glib)) # ?))
    222:17 10 (map1 (((gnu packages freedesktop)) ((gnu packages gcc)) 
((gnu packages glib)) ((gnu packages groff)) ?))
   3327:17  9 (resolve-interface (gnu packages freedesktop) #:select _ 
#:hide _ #:prefix _ #:renamer _ #:version _)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
     390:8  8 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3253:13  7 (_)
In ice-9/threads.scm:
     390:8  6 (_ _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   3544:20  5 (_)
    2836:4  4 (save-module-excursion #<procedure 7f9922e04810 at 
ice-9/boot-9.scm:3545:21 ()>)
   3564:26  3 (_)
In unknown file:
            2 (primitive-load-path "gnu/packages/freedesktop" #<procedure 
7f9922d55ae0 at ice-9/boot-9.scm:3551:37 ()>)
In ice-9/eval.scm:
    223:20  1 (proc #<module (#{ g275}#) 7f9922ef9be0>)
In unknown file:
            0 (%resolve-variable (7 . #) #<module (#{ g275}#) 
7f9922ef9be0>)

ERROR: In procedure %resolve-variable:
error: 
\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;\x0;}#: 
unbound variable
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'...  guix pull: error: You 
found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/9ipb1j9vip7mwvni20fnhnxgvxmml9z9-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"2a6d96425eea57dc6dd48a2bec16743046e32e06"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.4.0-25.e85f52e"; pull-version: 1).
Please report the COMPLETE output above by email to <[email-masked]>.

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks for the attention

Luis Guilherme Coelho