Subject: Re: [bug#74231] QA review for 74231

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 08:32:59 -0500

Cayetano Santos via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> writes:

> "The Elisp dependencies of Emacs packages are typically provided as
> propagated-inputs when required at run time."
>
> See: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Emacs-Packages.html.

Yes, please note however, that the dependencies in question were
entirely optional.  The package doesn't have any "required" Elisp
dependencies with the version of Emacs packaged in Guix.  More
importantly, for some of these optional dependencies a user would only
ever want to use one of them at a time (since it's intimately tied to
their personal workflow and MUA etc.).

> To note that this is a completely different beast compared to previous
> package (repo, version and mantainer).

Yes.  Please let me know in case the commit message needs to be revised
(it already does note that we are changing the referenced fork).  The
previous fork hasn't been updated in a couple of years and had a number
of bugs that have since been resolved in the updated fork.

Regards,
-- 
Suhail