Subject: bug#74222: closed (Re: bug#74222: 29.3; right-to-left export)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 00:25:02 +0000

Your bug report

#74222: 29.3; right-to-left export

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
74222: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74222
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#74222: 29.3; right-to-left export
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2024 16:23:52 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>> I suspect that this bug report is about Org Mode.  I don't know of any
>>> other part of Emacs that does ODT exports.
>>
>> Me too.  Ihor, is this a known issue with Org?
>
> I do not know anything about such problem.
> I will need the details to be submitted to Org mailing list to investigate.

Avraham Pinkas, could you please report this bug to the Org mailing
list?

Meanwhile, I'm closing this bug as it's not a bug in Emacs itself.

Subject: 29.3; right-to-left export
From: Avraham Pinkas <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 22:43:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

whenever exporting to ODT, the result is a left-to-right file, disregarding
the right-to-left-mark (as entered by C-x 8 RET 200f RET).
I remember that in a previous version of emacs it worked.
This applies to all files I have tried (hebrew).

Thank you for the upkeep.

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.41,
 cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-04-01, modified by Debian built on
 lcy02-amd64-083
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302006
System Description: Ubuntu 24.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --with-cairo --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-0yuuFP/emacs-29.3+1=.
 -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-0yuuFP/emacs-29.3+1=/usr/src/emacs-1:29.3+1-1ubuntu2
 -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_IL.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_IL.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_IL.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  save-place-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  isearch-fold-quotes-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug mule-util info comp comp-cstr warnings
cus-edit pp cus-start org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
generator oc-basic cl-extra help-mode ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt
mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search
mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view
filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex
bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline icons ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core
org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec timeclock saveplace t-mouse
time battery dbus xml desktop frameset cus-load finder-inf package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib devhelp rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 302460 20031)
 (symbols 48 23059 0)
 (strings 32 80296 8705)
 (string-bytes 1 2415212)
 (vectors 16 47382)
 (vector-slots 8 1486833 182483)
 (floats 8 399 265)
 (intervals 56 875 0)
 (buffers 984 15))