Subject: bug#74220: invisible cursor

From: Jared Finder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 17:37:05 -0800

On 2024-11-06 08:17, Stephen Berman wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Nov 2024 07:38:52 -0800 Jared Finder via "Bug reports for 
> GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors" 
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>> I tested this locally at HEAD (b5845e) on Linux debian 6.1.0-13-amd64 
>> and
>> everything is working fine.
>> 
>> Could you please describe what terminal (the output of "echo $TERM") 
>> and
>> kernel version (the output of "uname -a") you are using when you have 
>> this
>> issue? Can you try toggling M-x gpm-mouse-mode on and off and share if 
>> any
>> errors are reported?
> 
> I can reproduce the issue in the Linux terminal (echo $TERM => linux,
> uname -a => Linux strobelfssd 6.10.6 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Mon Aug 19
> 12:15:23 CEST 2024 x86_64 GNU/Linux).  When I start emacs there with 
> -Q,

Thank you, I am able to reproduce the issue locally on "Linux debian 
6.11.5+bpo-amd64 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.11.5-1~bpo12+1 
(2024-11-11) x86_64 GNU=Linux". I will investigate.

   -- MJF