Subject: bug#74216: [science team] flint build failure

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2024 15:43:31 -0500

flint fails to build for me with the following error unless I include
as an input a newer gcc version.

Greg

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  CC  fmpz_poly_q/add.c
In file included from src/fft_small/mpn_mul.c:17:
src/fft_small/mpn_mul.c: In function ‘_mpn_from_ffts_8’:
./src/crt_helpers.h:120:3: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
  120 |   __asm__ ("addq %23,%q7\nadcq %21,%q6\nadcq %19,%q5\n\tadcq
%17,%q4\n\tadcq %15,%q3\n\tadcq %13,%q2\n\tadcq %11,%q1\n\tadcq
%9,%q0"    \
      |   ^~~~~~~
./src/crt_helpers.h:378:5: note: in expansion of macro
‘add_ssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa’
  378 |     add_ssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(z[7],z[6],z[5],z[4],z[3],z[2],z[1],z[0],
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
./src/crt_helpers.h:120:3: error: ‘asm’ operand has impossible constraints
  120 |   __asm__ ("addq %23,%q7\nadcq %21,%q6\nadcq %19,%q5\n\tadcq
%17,%q4\n\tadcq %15,%q3\n\tadcq %13,%q2\n\tadcq %11,%q1\n\tadcq
%9,%q0"    \
      |   ^~~~~~~
./src/crt_helpers.h:378:5: note: in expansion of macro
‘add_ssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa’
  378 |     add_ssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa(z[7],z[6],z[5],z[4],z[3],z[2],z[1],z[0],
      |     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---