Subject: [bug#74199] [PATCH] gnu: zlib: Update to version 1.3.1

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2024 07:13:45 +0100

On 2024-11-03 21:48, Aaron Covrig via Guix-patches via wrote:

> * gnu/packages/compression.scm (zlib): Update to version 1.3.1
> ---
>
> The zlib version 1.3.1 update addresses CVE-2023-45853,
> see issue: https://github.com/madler/zlib/issues/868

Hi Aaron,

This is true, but rebuilding zlib will rebuild more than 30000 packages.
You can see that with  guix refresh -l zlib | cut -d : -f 1 
That's why we can't simply merge a patch like that.  There are two
solutions in this case, to my knowledge: 
- use a graft (see the manual, or packages with a "replacement" field)
- wait for core-updates to pick up this commit

In the meantime, marking this commit as moreinfo, we don't want to
compute the revision for this.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves