Subject: Re: [bug#74151] [PATCH v2 6/9] build: marionette: Make it possible to reboot VM during tests.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2024 10:29:20 +0100

Hi!

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/build/marionette.scm (make-marionette): Add 'reconnect=1' socket
> parameter.
> * gnu/system/vm.scm (common-qemu-options): Remove '-no-reboot' option.
>
> Change-Id: I5e100543ddddba0aea3ebe4e2f5cb8b0261c0d73

[...]

> +++ b/gnu/system/vm.scm
> @@ -227,7 +227,6 @@ (define* (common-qemu-options image shared-fs
>              '("-enable-kvm")
>              '())
>  
> -     "-no-reboot"

I believe the reason we had ‘-no-reboot’ is because otherwise QEMU would
restart the VM when we halt it (?).  I’m not sure actually what the
exact scenario was.

Anyway, if you confirm that other system tests are unaffected by this
change, this is probably good.

Ludo’.