Subject: [bug#74147] [PATCH] gnu: tree-sitter: Update to 0.24.3.

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2024 23:35:24 +0100

Hi Doğan,

Thank you for your patch, here are a few suggestions:

>               (uri (git-reference
>                     (url "https://github.com/tree-sitter/tree-sitter")
>-                    (commit "0e4ff0bb27edf37b76fc7d35aa768b02cf4392ad")))
>+                    (commit "v0.24.3")))
>               (file-name (git-file-name name version))
>               (sha256

You can use “string-append” to avoid repeating the version:
(commit (string-append "v" commit))

As a result of updating tree-sitter, the ”tree-sitter-cli” package has
stopped building for me, it is recommended that you check that
dependencies of tree-sitter don’t fail to build as a result of the
update, see “info (guix) Submitting Patches” step 9.

Can you send an updated patch?

Thanks for your work,
Noé Lopez

Disclaimer: I am not a guix committer, just a random person trying to help.