Subject: Re: bug#74145: 31.0.50; Default lexical-binding to t

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 21:37:19 +0530

[செவ்வாய் பிப்ரவரி 18, 2025] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 17:25:45 +0530
>> 
>> +1.  It is also a bit time consuming to change code to follow lexical
>> binding and AFAIU from reading the list, there is no straightforward way
>> to do so.  Despite that, I hope there could be some addition to the
>> manual to outline the rough pathway one may follow.
>
> I asked about that, and got the answer that it was impossible.
>
>> If not possible, then at least some tricks or trips to ensure that
>> one has successfully changed the code to follow lexical binding for
>> the most part.
>
> I think I got the same answer to that, too.

Yes, I remember reading these answers.  IMO "put the lexical-binding
cookie and try to compile" is at least a starter, having recently
followed it.